Tim F

Do you basically mean:

the-comic-book-guy-pondering.gif

mms

sometimes
i know lex pretend and he's alright, he doesn't like this place though, a bit irrationally maybe.
thats the internet though, give it 10 years and it will just be lots of fractious opposing binaries, like cowboys and indians and no one will be able to explain how it all got so stupid.

Woebot

ilx posters know much more about music than people here, infinitely more, and they're often wittier but at the same time they are a total bunch of try-hard cunts.

i like ilx. some of my favourite people post there. tim F, stirmonster, milton parker, dan selzer.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Just thought I should say that initially I kind of ignored the New World Order ep by DVA because personally I'm not very keen on the title track, but from giving it another go lately I reckon the other 3 tracks on it are all excellent. I like the way that's he managed to get other people involved on the project, yet it still feels like a DVA release overall.

http://boomkat.com/downloads/319717-scratcha-dva-the-new-world-order-ep

Vinyl's been about for a bit, digital should now be available in a week's time.

luka

stirmonster, milton parker, dan selzer.

i dont know who these people are but if their friends of your matt im sure they're lovely.
mostly ilx makes me feel unclean. theres something so unwholesome about it.

bobbin

What
all internet forums tend to make me alternately rage and weep over the worthlessness of saying anything, hearing what anyone has to say, or even in fact living.

apart from dissensus, that is. and even then it can be borderline to be honest. can't understand how anyone tolerates ilx for one second.

edit: one thing i like about dissensus is that no-one will make me feel compelled to link to some wikipedia page about overstatement as a rhetorical device, thereby causing me to sink to their level, will they? :)

Last edited:
really like smoove kriminal

http://vulive.co.uk/content/2010/08/03/smoove-kriminal-on-deja-vu-mon-2nd-august-2010/

Diamond Life - Crystal Clear (Remix)
Climate - Caliber Productions
South Africa - DJ Whitecoat
Phone Home - Don Haffer
Get Out - Carnao Beats Feat. Teeboy & Kadey
In Between - Smoove Kriminal
Work Me Over - John Oudo Feat. Junior & Adeola Ranson & Ann Browne (Afro Jam Vocal Mix)
Memory Vision - Kit
Groove - L.R. Groove
Mind Games - Mista Bee
Lost Soul - Murdz 86
Darkwing - Smoove Kriminal
Invasion Countdown - Greyman
Alone - Fully Kurrupted
Trip Groove - Caliber Productions
Deep In Motion - Smoove Kriminal
Funk Soul Brother - Murdz 86
Flip The Script - Shay & Sinista
On Me - Carnao Beats
Soul Power - Nick Burns (Remix)
Tell Me Would Ya - DJ Seany B Feat. Tonia (Smoove Kriminal Special)
Love Strong - Carnao Beats
A Complex Thing - Smoove Kriminal
No More - Swindle Feat. Nadia Suliman (Smoove Kriminal Special)
Freeze - Swindle Feat. Shea Soul
Check Up - Don Haffer
Dem Ways Dere - Murdz 86
Magma - Smoove Kriminal
Falling Inlove - Stephani Kriss & Major Notes (Instrumental)
Wonderful - Kismet (Matic Soul Mix)
Big Flavour - Smoove Kriminal
Tinkerbell - Smoove Kriminal
Fire Fly - Smoove Kriminal
Up A Level - DJ Seany B
Ain't No Stoppin' - Caliber Productions
I Feel - EL-B Feat. NatMor

Benny Bunter

Just thought I should say that initially I kind of ignored the New World Order ep by DVA because personally I'm not very keen on the title track, but from giving it another go lately I reckon the other 3 tracks on it are all excellent. I like the way that's he managed to get other people involved on the project, yet it still feels like a DVA release overall.

http://boomkat.com/downloads/319717-scratcha-dva-the-new-world-order-ep

Vinyl's been about for a bit, digital should now be available in a week's time.

I've got this on vinyl. I think they messed up the pressing cos it sounds a bit weak. May sound better on digital?

powerpill

For those that are interested, these guys will all be playing the second room of my night, Days Like That, this Friday at the Russian Bar (main room has Sunship, Dem2, Para, DJ Haus b2b Loves Tru Flavour and MJE):

T.WILLIAMS (DEEP TEKNOLOGI)
GREENA (APPLEPIPS)
TOM LEA (FACT MAGAZINE)
SLACKK (NUMBERS)
DEAMONDS (SUB FM)

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Night Hunter now has a video:
Not quite in the same league as the Different Lekstrix vid but I still like it

It's been around for a little while now, but Dirty Bass Volume 3 by DJ Nate is one of the best non-radio UKF mixes I've listened to lately. Couple of mediocore tunes still but they're far outweighed overall. Streams from here:
(It's not that DJ Nate btw... )

Finally, here's a download link for Roska's Sonar set for anyone that's not heard it yet:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8sy2tg
Features a Jamie George PA about two-thirds in, which I'm not at all sure what to make of tbh.

smoove kriminal
best dj/producer in Funky so far 2010 imo, déjà sets have a coherent, rolling feel and he works vocal tunes in better than others (across the board rather than ‘en bloc’, like say Marcus often on radio)
he’s got this tune Vibes which is a fucking monster, pure jungle in the drums (but nothing jungle sonically) with snares sounding pitched up in the mix (think renegade snares, even bukem when he used to skin up on the coffee table, rather than resting on it). caliber’s newer stuff sounds better too

but the lr groove tune in that set.. big, big tune

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
, even bukem when he used to skin up on the coffee table, rather than resting on it

Had a genuine lol at this mat, what a great image. :D
But I def agree with your praise of SK, and about the coherent rolling vibe of his sets. One of the things I like about tuning in to his radio sets is that he always plays tunes that you hardly ever hear elsewhere, not just his own fresh-out-of-the-lab bits, but new stuff from people like Caliber, Fully Kurrupted, Shay & Sinista etc. That latest show has some great fresh material on it.

Martin I should be able to upload a clip of Vibes later on when I've got a spare sec, need to isolate it from another radio set.