alex

Do not read this.
Proper nice mix here. Not strictly funky, but a good selection of whats going OFF in the UK clubs.

I’m going to list the time’s I need ID’s on the tracks to see if anyone here can help! (some of them are definitely old)

edit* tune at 11:00, tune straight after (13 odd minutes), tune after that (about 19 minutes or so) and the low bitrate one after that is just disgusting shit and again at about 35/37 mins

Last edited:
Proper nice mix here. Not strictly funky, but a good selection of whats going OFF in the UK clubs.

I’m going to list the time’s I need ID’s on the tracks to see if anyone here can help! (some of them are definitely old)

edit* tune at 11:00, tune straight after (13 odd minutes), tune after that (about 19 minutes or so) and the low bitrate one after that is just disgusting shit and again at about 35/37 mins

almost certain the low bitrate one is an aero manyelo/dj aero tune from a couple of years ago, sound palette sounds really familiar. if it is, it'll be on afrodesia innit

alex

Do not read this.
took an honest listen to the above, the dj is a calamity, but he does select some good tunes. Tbh this mix has fueled house partys for me for the last month, only just clocked how shoddy the transitions are :eek:

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
. Quite surprised to hear his new tune with Meleka, a pretty straight-up but fun funky vocal pop tune.

Been catching up this afternoon and yeah this is biiiiig actually. Brackles played lots of other good bits that I hadn't heard before, think I should probably start listening to his show more often again. David your mix was great as well, but I was already expecting that. :)

Benny Bunter

Yet another absolutely fantastic Funkystepz mix you must hear. They are almost single-handedly keeping my interest in Funky from slipping away this year. All salute Funkystepz!

Funkystepz mix for Mary Anne Hobbs 14 Jan 2012:

http://uploaded.to/file/waedc8y2/Funkystepz_Xfm_MaryAnneHobbs_2012_01_14_qrip.mp3

Radar – Funkystepz
Royal Rumble – Funkystepz
Fuller Refix Reserved – Funkystepz
Warrior – Funkystepz
Dirty Dutch – Funkystepz
Section-5 – Funkystepz
Thunderbolt – Funkystepz
Trouble – Funkystepz
Bounce Refix – Funkystepz
For U – Funkystepz Feat Lily Mckenzie
Star 9 – Funkystepz
Phantom – Funkystepz
I Won’t (Funkystepz Mix) – Klic And Lokiboi
Class A – Funkystepz
It Will Rain (Funkystepz Mix) – Bruno Mars
Rolling Stones (Funkystepz Mix) – Weekend
Circles – Funkystepz Feat Lily Mckenzie
Mondo Bizzaro – Funkystepz

Benny Bunter

OK, theres Champion as well. Heres his new mix.
http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2012/02/champion

01 Champion & Ruby Lee Ryder "Sensitivity" (Formula)
02 Notion "Digits" (Formula)
03 Funkystepz feat. Lily Mckenzie "Circles (Champion Dub)" (F.L.Y.)
04 Champion "Selectah" (Roska Kicks & Snares)
05 Heartbreak "Blaze Up (Roska Remix)" (Girls)
06 Redlight "Mosquito" (Lobster Boy)
07 Champion feat. Princess Nyah "Crazy (Champion Dub)" (Formula)
08 Royal-T "Inside The Ride (Personal 130 Edit)" (Rinse)
09 Champion "Lighter VIP" (Formula)
10 Champion "Cruddy"
11 Champion "Mr. Bogle"
12 Notion "Soundbwoy Killa" (Formula)
13 Champion "Tun Up Di Bass" (Formula)
14 Notion "Icicle"
15 Funkystepz "Trouble" (Hyperdub)
16 Champion "War Dance" (Roska Kicks & Snares)
17 Addictive "Bad Girl (Champion Remix)" (2NV)
18 Funkystepz "Bubbly Refix" (F.L.Y.)
19 Champion "Bammy"
20 DJ Naughty "District 6" (Formula)
21 Champion "Expensive" (Hardrive)
22 TRC "Oo Aa Ee (Royal-T's I <3 Garage Mix - 130 Edit)" (Butterz)
23 Terror Danjah "Square Bass" (Formula)
24 Champion "Speed" (Butterz)
25 D.O.K "Untitled" (Formula)
26 Terror Danjah & Ruby Lee Ryder "Let Me Be The One" (Butterz)
27 DJ Q "Rocky" (Unknown to the Unknown)
28 Champion "Crystal Meth" (Butterz)

rubberdingyrapids

on marcus' show tonight, around 7.30pm, there was a really amazing almost soul-jazz funky tune. maybe two of them actually, not sure. but it was pretty sublime. wish i knew what it was.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Just to add to the Funkystepz-mania, here's the full set of their guest mixes for Target on 1xtra:
Think Benny posted the 1st part of this a while back but the rest is new to me, just giving them a spin now.
Can't fookin wait for the Royal Rumble EP to come out, think the latest date on it is April 2nd.

That Royal Rumble tune of theirs is so fucking good; I just listen to that little clip on soundcloud over & over to be honest