viktorvaughn

haha! no, i don't think so

KMA Productions made Cape Fear, a very early dark 4x4 garage classic...

"I always thought, that for such a lovely river the name was mystifying, Cape Fear, when the only thing to fear on those enchanted summer nights, was that the magic would end and real life would come crashing in..."

shiver

also released a very small number of absolutely amazing tunes

Whistla did this mix...

Cool thanks mate, will check.

nomos

Administrator
Kma

Whoo! I didn't know about this, thanks.

What I love about KMA is how they brought that bubbling, fucked up darkside vibe (a la Lords of the Null Lines, Hello Darkness), combine it with the sort of ardkore psychedelia that you'd get from someone Acen, AND THEN make trippy garage out of it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's quite funny that Rinse insisted on taking all the Rinse show downloads off Deapoh and now hardly anyone downloads shows off their site cos its so fucking slow. :slanted:

doom

Public Housing
Some of the grimey ones are a bit dour IMO, and surprisingly techno-y (lite 909 snares!). I prefer the bouncy, banging ones.

I hear loads of 808s, hats, maracas & over compressed, punchy kicks (not ATL Rap Bass 1s) as well as the ultra digital, super tight 808 snares... but no 909s

"Slightly Minimal!!!"

It doesn't sound overly technoy to me tho... that Spyro beat sounds like grime bass kuduro!

"You've looked after my ears u kno Spyro, you look after my ears!"

I am luvin the tune which drops about half way thru 42mins with the stupid, stupid FM bass sound & mad electro / faux tribal drum kit!!!

"Sniff... Smell!"

4linehaiku

Repetitive
haha! no, i don't think so

KMA Productions made Cape Fear, a very early dark 4x4 garage classic...

"I always thought, that for such a lovely river the name was mystifying, Cape Fear, when the only thing to fear on those enchanted summer nights, was that the magic would end and real life would come crashing in..."

shiver

also released a very small number of absolutely amazing tunes

This seems like a very appropriate time to ask,
is 'The Original Fear' as found on this: http://www.discogs.com/release/249853 the same as Cape Fear, or is it some sort of remix or what? It says Cape Fear a million times, has that sample before the drop and is amazing, which all make me think it is the same tune.

elgato

I just dont know
is 'The Original Fear' as found on this: http://www.discogs.com/release/249853 the same as Cape Fear, or is it some sort of remix or what? It says Cape Fear a million times, has that sample before the drop and is amazing, which all make me think it is the same tune.

not sure, but it sounds like it may well be. check against the Whistla mix maybe?

got what i want you got what i need

synaptic

Global multinuum
138 is a happy medium. makes 145 halfstep, grime, funky and slower techy stuff all mutually accessible...
good point tactically indeed but there's still a quite clear difference of feeling between 130 and 138 essentially in the way you move to the music and i quite like the sexyness of 130. also the percussion thing seems more natural, i'd say warmer around this tempo.
slowing down a bit is refreshing aswell in a similar way dark garage/dubstep/grime did for me after years of dnb immersion.

Ory

warp drive

yeah, same tune. the Krush Groove remixes are pretty good too, but don't stand up to the original.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Cool that's good to know, I picked up at a record fair and was worried it would be something basically unrelated and crap, was very pleased when I got it home and played it.

Thanks to everyone who's uploaded sets, my next few weeks' walks are sorted.

I wasn't around for the UK Garage kick off that people keep comparing things too, but on a personal level it does remind me of when I started on Dubstep, downloading all the new Rinse shows and hearing these amazing tunes I'll probably never know the name of. Not quite as relentlessly good yet, but definite hints of it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah I like not knowing any of the tunes as well

Maybe I'll keep my distance from this genre and not ruin it for myself ala. dubstep

4linehaiku

Repetitive
"Slightly Minimal!!!"

In general this MC is not adding a lot to the show, but that one did amuse to no end. I think I might go and make some VIP mixes of various Minus etc records, sticking that on just as it kicks in. It'll be the next big thing in Berlin mark my words.

Enjoying the show a lot.

joe narcossist

Actually, fuck it, this is stupidly good.

The rythmic looseness and rough production makes listening like some kind sonic re-hydration after all the clinical techno I've been absorbed in.

Bit late on this one I guess:eek:

datura

white collar loafer
Actually, fuck it, this is stupidly good.

The rythmic looseness and rough production makes listening like some kind sonic re-hydration after all the clinical techno I've been absorbed in.

Bit late on this one I guess:eek:

I'm finding I'm a bit late on house music in general, as I just associated it with the undemanding cheesy meat market music of my youth.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
^ ditto. The thing is, I can see how all the UK House stuff is much more interesting/grimey than the more conventional US Garage style stuff, but because I've never listened to conventional stuff before, I like that stuff too.

I'm like a pig in plops.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
gaaaaaaaarrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggeeeeeeeee

I take it you are implying that people are not giving funky's garage influence due credit? :D

The thing is, it's not too far from the truth to discuss its house lineage. As I remember, before all these DJs physically had enough homegrown "funky" dubs to play, they were (and certain Rinse DJs still are) largely mixing it in with US house and deep house stuff like Dennis Ferrer.

Marcus Nasty himself seems to be pretty consistent on calling this stuff "UK House". I wonder how much the artists themselves think garage has to do with the stuff they are currently making.

If that's not what you meant though, disregard.