stelfox

Beast of Burden
it would be seriously wicked if fwd invited seiji or ig or marc mac or someone down to do a set. 4hero are pretty damn nummy.

This has already happened. Would be nice to see it happen WRT their influence on two scenes, though. Still, I don't know anything about music any more.

QueenofSheba

Keep It Funky!!
3359338613_9d1025e047.jpg

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
funky needs more dancehall vibes imo, both vocally and riddimatically. fingaprint had a bit of that going with "the print", seems to have been forgotten now tho..
Yeah, that's what Loser rmx is about... see also the new refix of Babloo by Daddy Freddy that Dub Boy's been playing...

tom lea

paul- 'loser' and 'move down low' went off at bloc. kode's set was a bit disappointing overall (mainly scuppered by technical problems) but the opening of loser -> black sun -> move down low -> pulse x refix smashed it. really reassuring to see a crowd who'd just been moshing to rusko and his stupid live guitar dancing to funky mutations.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
That's good to hear. So that's Kode and Skream both opening sets with Loser (Skream's is a 140 vip though). Wicked. People really like dancing to funky, you can do a lot with it, doesn't have to be cheesey.

Should be mastered this week.

Shame Kode's set had problems - when I saw him a few weeks ago he was jawdroppingly good, by the end I couldn't believe how good / funky it was, lots of 3:2 stuff. I might have to dust off some of my tunes from 2003...

Griffin

Anyone got a link to a good broken beat mix?

I've got the Bugz fabric CD but apart from that I haven't heard much.

[URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/210475686/bugz_in_the_attic_-_breakin_point_june_2003_mix.mp3.html]Breakin Point Magazine[/URL]

I hope that works.

Last edited:

hucks

Your Message Here
[URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/210475686/bugz_in_the_attic_-_breakin_point_june_2003_mix.mp3.html]Breakin Point Magazine[/URL]

I hope that works.

Cheers! You need to take off one of the "http"s in the url but other than that, it's good!

BareBones

wheezy
paul- 'loser' and 'move down low' went off at bloc.

yeah, seconded. the technical problems were a pain, i saw him afterwards and he said he had to change turntables 3 times during his set and that eventually he just thought "fuck this, i'm gonna play a load of jungle"... which was most definitely a good idea.

wise

bare BARE BONES
funky needs more dancehall vibes imo, both vocally and riddimatically. fingaprint had a bit of that going with "the print", seems to have been forgotten now tho..

Recorded a mix today with this in mind. Starts off with some wonky r&b then heads into african & dancehall styles mixed with funky and some old bleep/hardcore bits.
Same big funky tunes everyones heard a thousand times as i've got no access to anything exclusive unfortunately, tried to something interesting with 'em though

Any feedback appreciated :)

http://files.filefront.com/13488167

WISE - Bump R Funk Mix

00.00 Cassie - Me & You
01.05 Hud Mo - Come Get It
03.15 Diplo - Tell Me What You Think
04.40 Ciara - Echo
06.25 Flying Lotus - GNG BNG
08.10 Hud Mo - OoOoooOOps Oh My
11.10 Beyonce ft Buju Banton - Single Ladies (Richie Blindz rmx)
14.04 Radioclit & Esau Mwamwaya - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
15.46 Dr Evil - We Love The Girls
18.33 Voicemail - Put It Up
19.20 DVA - Hardhouse
21.36 Wookie ft Ny - Falling Again
23.28 Actress - Crushed
25.00 Geeneus - Out Of The Future
26.42 Steve Poindexter - Computer Madness
29.30 Fingaprint - Just Leave
31.50 Donaeo - Party Hard
34.49 Busy Signal - Step Out
36.06 Crazy Cousinz - Inflation
38.55 DJ Cleo - Wena Ng'Hamba Nawe
41.50 Mujava - Township Funk (Radioclit rmx)
44.30 Perempay & Dee - In The Air
48.14 Aidonia - i Like Her
50.00 Lighter - Skanker
52.30 Cooly G - Dis Boy Pt 4
55.13 Beenie Man- Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie
57.30 NB Funky - Riddim Box
59.35 Nicolette - Waking Up
62.28 Benga & Coki - Night (Geeneus rmx)
65.11 Mr Vegas - Dope
67.25 Kode 9 - Black Sun
69.21 Cooly G - Floating
71.51 Innerzone Orchestra - Bug In The Bassbin
76.30 Ends --------

wise

bare BARE BONES
Lovely :)

Can't download at work (download Nazi alert) but will definitely be grabbing this later. Looks great.

As I just posted elsewhere I LOVE this tune so much. Has to be one of my fave tunes of all time. First heard it in 1994 and been playing it constantly ever since, never get tired of it

Big up the Nicolette! :D