mms

sometimes
yeah, i was delighted it got a rewind at fwd when 9 played it.

it's catchy but playing devils advocate, it's hardly anything new is it?

it's great, it doesn't sound like any deep house i've heard, i like it most cos it's got that latin bassline and flavour, which is quite unusual, it's super exhuberant it's immensely catchy, its another brilliant pop record, with a funky feeling and that's great in itself and part of whats refreshing about funky as opposed to dubstep or something, in that its genuinley open and poppy, it doesn't all have to push the envelope that would get tiring and rinsed pretty quickly, certainly there are hardly any producers in any genre who genuinley innovate rather than just cross mix influences etc..

Last edited:

Simon78

Shame you missed her PA at the launch. I think you may have also left before she came. She was there for a while too. :eek:

Yeah, I had to get ready to go out Migraine Skanking :D

I watched the video of the instore and her voice sounds fantastic live. Loads of energy as well.

I need to get some new mp3s so hopefully these two Fuzzy Logik songs get a release pretty soon. I'm bored of mixing all of the tunes I have got, I have listened to them all too many times.

Simon78

hey Simon78, did that Fantastic 4 Ep get a proper release in the end? don't remember seeing it... did it come out on vinyl?

Not yet, they had pressing problems so have switched plants. It won't be long now.

DVA - Nasty, Nasty, Nasty (Roska Remix) is on the way as well but I would have thought that will be a month or two. Its coming on a 4 track EP with some other quality bits.

QueenofSheba

Keep It Funky!!
DVA - Nasty, Nasty, Nasty (Roska Remix) is on the way as well but I would have thought that will be a month or two. Its coming on a 4 track EP with some other quality bits.

Love this one too!! For some reason it reminds me of this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Totally different I know, but that's the wackiness behind the dynamics of my brain lol

moolac

WHAT?! sacriliege. best tune of the year from funky imo. its not 'new' but its def not stale or like its simply trying to rework old ingredients. i cant think of a fresher vocal ive heard as of late. plus, the vocals/songwritings brilliant, which is ultimately what vocal tunes are meant to be about. AND... its funky! reminds me of something IG culture might have done.

im with you in that this is a really great tune, but not sure that its anything untouched before musically or sonically. although it doesn't have to be for me to enjoy it...

not sure i agree the lyrics are quite brilliant though. the vocalist is great and has a real good voice, plus the intro bit with her is amazing as are some verses... but i have had to train my brain to block out listening to some parts of the lyrics as i cringe a bit.

im like that with a lot of house vocal stuff though so it's probably just me, im not really a diva. in parts these just seem a bit too light or throwaway. i guess ideally someone can step in and get todd edwards involved in a remix or beam back 25 years for francois k to nail a dub with some weird space echoes.

still.. not trying to hate on this, love the track, just letting my love come in etc etc etc :)

Brockolio

really feeling the Fingaprint Roska remix at the moment.

was somewhere in the newest Brackles rinse mix which also had some really really sick tunes from Martin Kemp.

nomos

Administrator
oh dear haha :eek: funky war

funkies v. wonkies - mods and teds all over again

Last edited:

gumdrops

was there a part one to that cooly g mix?

xpost - i didnt really mean songwriting as in the lyrics, though i dont think theyre bad at all (eg - ive heard worse - like that 'fingers' tune which i like but 'put your fingers all up on me' just sounds weird), i was thinking more in terms of songcraft.

boomnoise

&#9835;
was there a part one to that cooly g mix?

xpost - i didnt really mean songwriting as in the lyrics, though i dont think theyre bad at all (eg - ive heard worse - like that 'fingers' tune which i like but 'put your fingers all up on me' just sounds weird), i was thinking more in terms of songcraft.

part one was done by fingaprint

part of a series to promote her club night producers house.

the next one of which is 1 May @ Bablou

Cooly G
D Malice
Invasion
Krazy Hype
Scratcha

Free before 12 / £10 after