LDN - 21Dec - MMMmeetBruk - Lazslo Beckett Peverelist Luca ToddlaT NType BenUFO ++

elgato

I just dont know
n36911000_35537914_21.jpg

MAN MAKE MUSIC meet BRUK
---
Corsica Studios
Friday 21st December
10pm- 5am
£5
---
MAN MAKE MUSIC present...
fidget - electro - garage - jungle - doof

Toddla T's Ghettoblaster
Luca
N-Type (jungle set)
Mowgli
Man Make Music DJs

BRUK present...
techno - house - dub - garage - dubstep

Lazslo Beckett (Hand on the Plow)
Peverelist (Punch Drunk)
Ben UFO (Hessle Audio)
Bruk
---
2 rooms of Funktion One sound
+
The Shhh... Soundsystem (Silent Discoteque on the Terrace)
---
Corsica Studios
Unit 5, Farrell Court
Elephant Road,
London SE17 1LB

Tube: Elephant & Castle
Night Buses: 12, 53, 148, 176, 188, 453, N1, N35, N63, N68, N89, N133, N155, N171
---
Email: info@manmakemusic.com
Phone: 0207 703 4760 (Corsica Studios)​

elgato

I just dont know
some quotes regarding Mr Beckett, his partner Steve Taylor and their label which I feel will get dissensus-types all excitable...

Jeremy Greenspan said:
best new producers in London…probably the best I’ve heard since dem2

K-Punk said:
an unplaceable and displacing suturing of house, funk, plantation chant and glitch that gratifyingly refuses to airbrush out the stitchmarks - This blogging lark's OK when you get free stuff as good as this

neumu.net said:
almost like that grade-school experiment where you splice the stem of a carnation, dip each half in a different shade of dye, and breed yourself a Janus face

miscellaneous Spanish reviewer said:
as if Ricardo Villalobos were spinning records with his arm in a plaster cast

Peverelist is the man behind Bristol's Punch Drunk Records and purveyor of DJ sets and productions bringing together the dominating low-end of dub/dubstep, the swung echoes of uk garage and the hypnotic loops, delicate beauty and submerged emotion of Berlin techno.

Dissensus' own Ben UFO will be doing his thing with his usual skill, depth of selection and considered programming.

Residents will be playing from Aaron Carl to Rhythm & Sound to Tuff Jam to Audion to ...

thats the back room

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man Make Music will be bringing the doof with Italian fidget maestro Mowgli, Toddla T's 4/4 dancehall skanking ghettoblaster, UK Garage bass-grinder DJ Luca and monsieur N-Type laying down a rarely seen jungle set.

Toddla T made what has been called UK mixtape of the year by Fact Magazine and Dazed & Confused, and is garnering huge attention from many angles

Luca has to be seen to be believed

N-Type + jungle... devastation

all in all it will be a room of non-stop energy and party vibes

oh and also there is a silent discoteque on the smoking terrace bringing eclectic selection to accompany your nicotine absorption

all for £5!

hope that some of you can make it :)

Last edited:

Immryr

id go to this if i was in london. i only recently heard toddla t (late i know), hes great.

elgato

I just dont know
:D if any of you guys do make it down do say hello, it'd be nice to make your acquaintance. Ask someone who looks stressed / organisational who Ben from Bruk is. Either that or I'll be the one with the white corsage lol

mos dan

fact music
i didn't realise this was you when you gave me the flyer at dots ben!! i thought you were just helping dish them out! duh. wicked though, can't wait for this.

man every time i have seen rossi b and luca they just destroy they place, and seeing them is an all-too-rare occurence. braps on booking luca! and everyone else - especially ben!

viktorvaughn

:D if any of you guys do make it down do say hello, it'd be nice to make your acquaintance. Ask someone who looks stressed / organisational who Ben from Bruk is. Either that or I'll be the one with the white corsage lol

Think I have persuaded some acquaintances to come with me, would be good to say Hi! Line-up is firey.

Last edited:

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
At this rate I'll be spending most of December on the megabus.

Actually if anyone happens to be driving up to this from Brighton...

elgato

I just dont know
tomorrow! i am very very hyped

hope that you guys are still all on it! and that i will see you with your dancing shoes!