Dirty Canvas 29 Feb

john eden

male pale and stale
It's all a bit hazy, but did Jammer do some JA, singjay type bars?

Is it conceivable you are mixing him up with either Doctor or Badness? I think Jammer was only onstage briefly for a bit of ye olde murkle man and the like.

STN

sou'wester
Pretty sure it was Jammer but I was pretty pissed by then. Think I would've noticed if it were Doctor or Badness.

mos dan

fact music
Is it conceivable you are mixing him up with either Doctor or Badness? I think Jammer was only onstage briefly for a bit of ye olde murkle man and the like.

yeah i'm with john, i don't remember jamz doing anything other than merkle.. i'm a bit hazy though too! stn, i owe you a drink! roll on the next one..

so to try and answer benjybars' question, is a 'joyrider' the kind of person who would go to 'joyride'? i'm just guessing..

viktorvaughn

There's a "joyride" logo bottom right of the flyer - another label/club?!

I think Joyride is towards the Shoreditch end of the grime/bassline etc rave spectrum. So 'joyrider' was being used pejoratively to mean a somewhat asymmetric trend-monkey...

benjybars

village elder.
I think Joyride is towards the Shoreditch end of the grime/bassline etc rave spectrum. So 'joyrider' was being used pejoratively to mean a somewhat asymmetric trend-monkey...

oh ok...

well i thought the crowd was decent.. probably the best turn-out since it moved to rhythm factory..

yeah bring on the next one for sure!

mos dan

fact music

lol

yeah joyride held that nye rave that me muckaz bok bok and manara played at - it also featured kode9, oneman.. idk what else, i was in a youth hostel in chicago at the time.