riko - the truth

tom pr

yes! i probably listen to that riko piano riddim vocal every day. i love the way he's telling people not to be a badman when he's spent half his mcing career talking about shooting people. for some reason i find that sort of childish hypocrisy in mcs endearing. probably because wiley does it.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
music's not about sounding smart

No, but if on listening to someone you end up thinking 'what a dumb prick' - unless it's Whitehouse - I doubt that that's the intended response.

I like the Dumplin Riddim though, and love him as a group MC, I'm not trashing it commpletely, just on his own I think he comes across as thick. And I don't think that many people in the world are thick.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I think it's great, and on my cursory listens so far, don't think he sounds thick. Homocidial on occasion but that's hardly unique to the genre. I wold say it depends on how much you like dancehall, it's heavily reggae influenced. A lot of the MCing is reminiscent of the Trim track "For Real" which Faustus just mentioned. That's a real sell for me.

Eric

Mr Moraigero
music's not about sounding smart

of course not---not at all. and I have spent a lot of time listening to riko, love that. but not this record---he just. sounds. dumb. and it makes him sound lame. for me this mixtape was a big disappointment.

luka

'stay calm dont switch use composure blood'

one of the greatest grime records of all time....

thats m y favourite riko recording.

gumdrops

i loved his demon-taunting bars.

something like 'you want armshouse ill give you armshouse... ill be waiting with my arms out'

lol

faustus

what ever happened to 'armshouse'? great word...

of course not---not at all. and I have spent a lot of time listening to riko, love that. but not this record---he just. sounds. dumb. and it makes him sound lame. for me this mixtape was a big disappointment.

sorry that was a bit of a false dichotomy i set up for cheap point-scoring (but i still think you're wrong :D)