clumsiness

swears

preppy-kei
An art flick where this crazy chef runs amok in a grotty kitchen, it's supposed to be about abjection and disgust. They exhibit the set and show the film in another room. They didn't really mark out where you weren't supposed to stand, so I just walked right into it and started looking around.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You know that dead famous piece of conceptual art that's basically just a pile of loose bricks? Well, my girlfriend and her mum knocked it over, though fortunately they were the only people in the room apart from a very good-natured security dude, and the three of them put it back together as best they could without anyone else noticing.

Kinda makes me wonder how many times that's happened...

Last edited:

STN

sou'wester
At risk of sounding like an enormous plum, it's quite cool if the art keeps getting dismantled and reassembled in secret; waves of (counter-)entropy, like.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
At risk of sounding like an enormous plum, it's quite cool if the art keeps getting dismantled and reassembled in secret; waves of (counter-)entropy, like.

Heh, no, I dig that. Each person who does so leaving their own subtle 'signature' on the work, kinda thing. :)

Lichen

I poked the special gold foil on the moon landing unit at the Smithsonian with a rolled up poster.

Pestario

tell your friends
Zhao drain adventure

When I used to work in Subway many jobs ago we had one of these drains near the front of the shop. Someone dropped a flash mobile phone down there but couldn't get it out (the drain was about 1.8m deep) so whoever it was just left it there. My fellow bored sandwich artist and I spent ages trying to get it out using various contraptions. Our final effort involved a rope made out of a torn shreds of a Chux superwipe tied end to end with a chicken fillet stapled to bottom. We then wrapped the fillet in lots of double-sided tape creating a sort of sticky-finger-fishing-rope. It actually worked pretty well. The fillet picked up the phone (as well as leaves and cigarette butts) but the whole plans fell to pieces when we realised the grill wasn't wide enough for the phone and the fillet. My friend tried to stick his hand through and grab the phone but in his clumsiness dropped the phone when trying to wedge his hand back through the grill. We tried again but the tape lost its stickiness :(.

It was the one moment in life where I felt like I was in an adventure game.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
This thread is amazing :D

I spilt red wine on (and in) my mixer the other day, and only after exhaustive recovery efforts managed to restore it to working order. The right channel volume fader still only works backwards - after taking the cover off and turning it round I now have to put the "reverse" button on every time I want to have a mix. I always forget and end up cueing up records with with the volume fader at its lowest point but with music coming out of the channel full blast :mad:

Pestario said:
It was the one moment in life where I felt like I was in an adventure game.

haha.. maybe the solution was to try combining all the items in your inventory with one another? as you were working in subway I guess that would involve building sandwiches of ever increasing complexity, which, as a sandwich enthusiast, really appeals to me

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
haha.. maybe the solution was to try combining all the items in your inventory with one another?

This is starting to sound like one of those mid-90s point-and-click adventure games, you know, Monkey Island et al - "...so once you've got the prunes from the fruit seller you give them to the guard, who'll rush off to the toilet so you can steal they gold which you use to bribe the wizard for the recipe for the magic custard..." et cetera, ad nauseam.

Edit: shit, nuff Latin in that post or wot?!

zhao

there are no accidents
one of these drains near the front of the shop. Someone dropped a flash mobile phone down there

that is a tricky one. for you need an object with enough surface area to warrant enough contact of tape with the phone, but it could not be so wide as to not fit through the grill on the way back up.

i would have used a smaller, heavier object and bit of crazy-glue - leave it touching the phone for a few and then boom.

tom pr

This is starting to sound like one of those mid-90s point-and-click adventure games, you know, Monkey Island et al - "...so once you've got the prunes from the fruit seller you give them to the guard, who'll rush off to the toilet so you can steal they gold which you use to bribe the wizard for the recipe for the magic custard..." et cetera, ad nauseam.
that sounds like something off the Discworld ones, where the solutions were always so absurd that no human would think of them. at one point you had to get this dude to leave his market stall so you could nab something, and you distracted him by putting an octopus in his toilet.

I lived for those games. Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max, Grim Fandango... i'd love to play them all again, but things like dos emulators are too complicated for me to get my head around. i've managed to get the monkey islands working, but day of the tentacle refuses to save...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
that sounds like something off the Discworld ones, where the solutions were always so absurd that no human would think of them. at one point you had to get this dude to leave his market stall so you could nab something, and you distracted him by putting an octopus in his toilet.

You're right, it was Discworld that turned the zany up to 11. I remember my brother playing, I never had enough patience. Gaming for me in those days was all about Doom II.