what you currently enjoying ?

zhao

there are no accidents
goddamn real audio... for all the equality BBC preaches they seem to hate mac users. (or maybe just dumb ones like me who cant get that shit to ever work)

MrFence

Oh the humanity.
I spent the ride into work this morning listening to Superchunk songs from the Superchunk, No Pocky For Kitty and Tossing Seeds albums.

It was like being 12 again, but without the ever present fear of getting a stiffy in the classroom at the exact same moment you're called to answer a question on the blackboard.

Having to use the awful tinny ipod earphones because my decent ones broke only added to the nostalgic experience.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Inspired by Fact's post-rock piece, listening to Bark Psychosis's Hex. One of those records/bands that's destined to remain forever semi-lost...but somehow that fits. I love those semi-whispered vocals.

Beautiful twilight music.

the article made me dig out Flying Saucer Attack as well - they're pretty great, and their namechecking of Popol Vuh makes me love them even more. I feel a period of listening to psychedelic drone rock coming on....bring me my Stars of the Lid records...

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
this morning, after so many impeccably sequenced sessions, finally i have built up enough courage to face the very real possibility, as completely ego crushing as it is, that my i-pod on shuffle may be a better dj than i am.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
Inspired by Fact's post-rock piece, listening to Bark Psychosis's Hex. One of those records/bands that's destined to remain forever semi-lost...but somehow that fits. I love those semi-whispered vocals.

the article made me dig out Flying Saucer Attack as well - they're pretty great, and their namechecking of Popol Vuh makes me love them even more. I feel a period of listening to psychedelic drone rock coming on....bring me my Stars of the Lid records...
unreal. after totally burying my FSA music, i JUST dug out their first. that and SotL's the Ballasted Orchestra and old Windy & Carl.

i overdosed on this atmospheric guitar stuff and had to clear my head i guess
sounds just about right now

Client Eastwood

I kinda play a game with shuffle where I can set my Iriver to play in shuffle/intro mode where the intro of a tune is played for say 10 seconds and it goes to the next random tune. My job is to Name That Tune. Fun.

I keep meaning to ask Matt B if this is how he came up with the idea for his reggae intros mix for bloggariddims.

john eden

male pale and stale
I kinda play a game with shuffle where I can set my Iriver to play in shuffle/intro mode where the intro of a tune is played for say 10 seconds and it goes to the next random tune. My job is to Name That Tune. Fun.

I keep meaning to ask Matt B if this is how he came up with the idea for his reggae intros mix for bloggariddims.

there's an actual game on my ipod which does this and gives you a multiple choice of 5 tunes to guess...:cool:

currently enjoying Levi Roots' new series on BBC2 and a 3 CD Shut Up and Dance retrospective.

Oh and some CDs of Mannaseh's radio show on Kiss from the 90s.

Client Eastwood

there's an actual game on my ipod which does this and gives you a multiple choice of 5 tunes to guess...:cool:

currently enjoying Levi Roots' new series on BBC2 and a 3 CD Shut Up and Dance retrospective.

Good fun aint it.

When is the Levi Roots thing on ?

polystyle

A psych drone roc thing has been going on for quite awhile over here !
Psychic Ills possibly counted among them.
The 'kraut' / kosmiche mode has been synthesized, internalized and integrated into other forms and has gas for at least the next year -or two or three .
Geoff Barrows new group Beaks> another recent example.
Where to find them ?
recently their new tune appeared on the much dissed (here ) -but still -
much read Pitchfork.

Now listening: The Lover soundtrack by Gabriel Yared

D

droid

1224249067992_1.jpg

?

zhao

there are no accidents
really enjoying 2 albums on Rune Grammophone: Svalastog and VA - Money Will Ruin Everything. unassuming yet full of invention. pleasant but too sophisticated for most coffee shops.

gumdrops

right now, an old bleep mix.

but outside of that, those rodigan comps on bbe, bill withers, old larry levan comps, and old dubstep.