what you currently enjoying ?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i love randomly rediscovering something singularly amazing. :)

bandshell

Grand High Witch
Causers_of_This-Toro_y_Moi_4801.jpg

pieces.jpg

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I recently picked up volume one of the 'Deutsche Elektronische Musik' compilation on Soul Jazz because it looked interesting and I know very little about that sort of thing. I'm feeling the driving motorik tracks the most but also liking the hippyish tunes with lots of flute action. This worries me slightly

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
A fantastic 15-CD set of old R&B compilations running from 1945-1960. from Sister Rosetta Tharpe to Bobby Bland, for example. Just awesome, might be the best series of chronological comps I've come across.

I've also got hold of a bootleg of last Sunday's Stooges show at Hammersmith which is pretty damn good

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Just got this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Oh, and this:

http://www.honestjons.com/shop.php?pid=36672

(although it looks like I paid a little over the odds :( )

Got to nip this buying records again thing in the bud.

Last edited:

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
fantastic band called Frontier Ruckus crashed here after their Brixton gig on Wednesday. So they gave me their new album, Dead Malls and Nightfalls - absolutely gorgeous. I guess it's a more bluegrass / folky take on Neutral Milk Hotel (saws and trumpets and dobros). So I'm enjoying that, but not the trojan / virus one of them managed to get onto my laptop while they were here.. :(

john eden

male pale and stale
Hawkind - Space Ritual
The The - Soul Mining
Foetus - Hole
Ramleh - Too Many Miles - Complete Singles 90-95

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

hucks

Your Message Here
I saw Wildbirds and Peacedrums tonight and they had a choir doing the backing vocals. They were amazing. They did a version of this

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

which was pretty much the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.

Edit: That video's pretty funny. She's far more of a star now. Cool hair and leggings and what have you

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
just got back from DJing at a gig by a gig called Austin Lucas. an INCREDIBLE performance. I guess it's sort of country / folk - just a guy and his guitar - but intense and lyrical and unique..