what you currently enjoying ?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i'm always floored by how good this is

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

continuum

smugpolice
TS7 feat. Bianca Gerald - Electrical Pool

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

alec.tron

Creature of Meat and Hair
You can't get more rock'n'roll than this

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm trying to imagine home appliances/instruments so kids would start playing lightning instead of guitars... but all I see is burning houses...
c.

Last edited:

stephenk

superlate on this but matrix metals is a cool lp...also altered natives, and that latest andy stott...i'm not so into him or claro intelecto or demdike because often it sounds like they're just hanging out at boomkat and going home to make copies of the hot records, but "tell me anything" is for sure up there with a lot of the workshop jams.

Damien

lil b "the age of information"

did you guys talk about this yet? incredible song

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
I don't really keep up to date with HipHop but this track is awesome. I would never guess it would come from a guy involved in The Pack-Based Boys

Last edited:

grizzleb

superlate on this but matrix metals is a cool lp...also altered natives, and that latest andy stott...i'm not so into him or claro intelecto or demdike because often it sounds like they're just hanging out at boomkat and going home to make copies of the hot records, but "tell me anything" is for sure up there with a lot of the workshop jams.
Yeah the Matrix Metals is so good...the lo-fi loops are well good. All about the last track on the first section, sounds like elegiac disco heard through a wall...or something.

stephenk

Yeah the Matrix Metals is so good...the lo-fi loops are well good. All about the last track on the first section, sounds like elegiac disco heard through a wall...or something.

yeah it's got that really tangled a. russell vibe, so pleasing to just put on and get lost in.
today, loving pearson sound - "higher"

continuum

smugpolice

Client Eastwood

Saw this on the Oneman blog.

Tune dedicated to Clarkes shoes.

Wicked verse

'Mi tell my man seh memba proper hygine and dont forget
bagga sneakers gi u cheesy foot
if u kno wah mi kno boy low di crep
memba pointed mout corn u toe
wear di dessert clark di easy step
my code that can save you boy
you athelics foot ago lead to death'

PeteUM

It's all grist
Shit, I have a pair of some of those examples on right now, but purely for reasons of practicality and comfort. I'll have a bit more of a swagger next time I go out, possibly to the post-office or to pick up my son from school.

Reminds me of the time someone round these parts had to tell me about all the love Phil Collins had from the African-American community.

Client Eastwood

Shit, I have a pair of some of those examples on right now, but purely for reasons of practicality and comfort. I'll have a bit more of a swagger next time I go out, possibly to the post-office or to pick up my son from school.

Reminds me of the time someone round these parts had to tell me about all the love Phil Collins had from the African-American community.

Clarke's seem to have been featured in reggae lyrics since the 80's but I don't think I've heard a whole tune dedicated to them. Wicked shoes tho'.

Phil Collins . . . What's that all about ?

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away

:)

STN

sou'wester
The earliest mention of Clarks in reggae that Gabriel and I have located thus far is in Dillinger's 'CB200', from 1976. Sure there's earlier though.