techno

Woebot

as i remember it was a pretty wack time for techno, but i didnt have much time for it so surely missed stuff. a victem of the famous genre "off-switch"...

the only things i was following around that time were the basic channell and M things.

S

simon silverdollar

thanks for everyone's recommendations!
stelfox- a techno comp would be great, yes please! i've still got cdrs to give you of that 4 cd soca boxset that i was telling you about a while back.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Robert Hood stuff from about that time was pretty inventive (the eps rather than the lps). I always thought that he was a bit overlooked by the technofanboys (probably too hypnotised by latest shrink-wrapped purpose maker). And yes, I too was dipping into the basic channel/M1-7/chain reaction line of releases (waning a bit during the CR series). Was Dave Clarke’s magnetic earth label earlier? – yes, some of them were good too.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
WOEBOT said:
as i remember it was a pretty wack time for techno

You fucking know nothing trendy! :)

Christ, everyone slags off techno from this era and maintains they were only listening to jungle -- actually you probably were only listening to jungle, plus The Young Disciiples obviously -- but there was SO MUCH great, groovy, danceable, head-mashing techno and house in the early to mid nineties...

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Pearsall said:
Jerome Hill is awesome.
Yeah, a genuinely fantastic DJ. Saw him at a Dust do in an ex-working men's club. Went from straight up techno through electro, breaks and 2step and back into techno again. Hugely talented and SO much fun to watch.

Charnwood

Casu Marzu
Pearsall said:
Jerome Hill is awesome.

There's two live sets of him playing at Dogma in Edinburgh that you can get here.

That appears to be the mother lode.

Wow, Holy Ghost are up on there as well. Got to have a bit of that, I hadn't even heard of them since about 1992.