Kid Kameleon & Ripley in SF!! Plus a new podcast~

staypuft

bwah bwah
nk814.jpg

it's my pleasure to announce that I'm hosting the bay area's own mashup masters for my next underground event in SF, The Night Kitchen! on thursday august 14 we'll be taking over the Li Po Lounge basement in a celebration of skewered dancefloor beats. also joining the fray from LA is Ricky Def, who, while smitten with dubstep, can't help but take it back to the old skool with r&b jams from yesteryear. I'm on opening duties and can't wait to drop motown / rocksteady / funk bombs.

secondly, I'm excited to announce The Night Kitchen Podcast, an eclectic mix series with guest contributors. the first edition is mixed by myself, Staypuft DJ, and blends hip hop and nasty bass to critical curious effect. enjoy, and keep an ear out for future installments!

http://timspace.com/music/mix/TheNightKitchenPodcast_July08.mp3

Tracklisting:

New Order - Blue Monday
M.I.A. - $20
The Grouch - Artsy
Bob Marley - Soul Rebel (Afrodisiac Sound System Remix)
Phones - Worryin'
Shystie - Gutter
Jay Dee - B.B.E.
Eric B & Rakim - Paid In Full
DJ Shadow - 3 Freaks (feat Turf Talk and Keak Da Sneak)
J Dilla - E=mc2 feat Common
KRS-One - Return of the Boom Bap
edIT - Certified Air Raid Material
3-6 Mafia vs. Tanya Stephens - It's A Pity
Antipop Consortium - Ghostlawns
Calenda - Exploration
Kromestar - Ghostown
DJ Spooky - Optometry (Alter Echo Dubtometry Remix)

staypuft

bwah bwah
NIGHT KITCHEN went down last night... serious. ricky def got folks movin' with a rather nice selection of rare groove + hiphop instrumentals. ripley tore it up with ghetto house badness and classic ragga jungle, then kid kameleon... well.. he put on an utterly incredible show. I didn't know there was a bmore mashup of the ghostbusters theme! (much less kryptonite + midnight request line).. I closed things out with an excloosive track or two (think super mario bros meets snoop - check el myspace!).. whew.

to the crowd: you know how to get down. thanks for a magical night... let's do it again in september!! stay tuned...

503.jpg

505.jpg

Last edited: