Cunty Beats Battle Mix

Pestario

tell your friends
Pestario - Cunty Beats Battle Mix

I've put together a mix of Vogue house/Cunt beats battle tracks. These are tracks used in the underground voguing scene in the US. Voguing is a form of dance that originated in the black and latino gay community in New York and later in other major US cities. Competitions are held as 'balls' where different 'houses' or groups/clubs face off in a variety of dance and fashion contests. The most spectacular of these are the 'dramatics' categories where dancers try to be as flamboyant and dramatic with their moves. Sometimes they are required to be as feminine or 'cunty' as possible and dancing in drag is not uncommon. Check the youtube clips below for an idea.

Anyway, the music that's played at these contests consists of some of the most upfront and chunky house I've heard. It's like house but with the rough DIY aesthetic of Baltimore club and some aggressively camp attitude. So don't be put off by the gay-ness and download it :p. Also of the tracks have been ripped from various places on the internet so the sound quality varies a bit.

Some clips from the scene:

nochexxx

harco pronting
bump!

sorry mods after relistening to this mix i felt the thread deserves to be rejuvenated,
spech considering that the current interest in juke etc........

nochexxx

harco pronting
i wish i could lay claim to being a cuntologist, but yeah pestario is obviously the man for such an honorary title!

Pestario

tell your friends
I cordially accept this tital of Honorary Cuntologist. You can all be fellows.

happy to see this thread still has some life in it!

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Excellent. The next stage is to have this stuff banging out on a dancefloor while the MC or DJ yells out about something along the lines of 'getting cuntological up in here' at the crowd. ;)

elgato

I just dont know
i rate these youtubes so much, so jokes

reminded me of a particularly fabulous moment in this Inner City video

check the guy at 1:20 it is off the hook

thanks for the mix Pestario :) looking forward to listening, the music sounds pretty nuts

nochexxx

harco pronting
i've been meaning to ask but i don't suppose there's a tracklisting for this? i listened extra loud during my militant 6 mile cycle ride, fucking love it!