The most you ever spent on one record

What is the most you have ever spent on a record?

• Never spent a penny on a record

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 20 quid or less

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • 30 quid or less

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • 40 quid or less

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • 50 quid or less

• 75 quid or less

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • 100 quid or less

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • 150 quid or less

• 200 quid or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 200 quid

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

crackerjack

Can't remember the most expensive single item, but it was using up a credit note, probably on an old Jackie Mittoo Studio 1 album.

Most expensive sold is easy though: 2nd issue of Aquarius Dub for £106 a few months ago on eBay.

mms

sometimes
£20 to £30 a few times, just on things i've really wanted, this is quite rare though, I prefer to spend fuck all, it's a bit sad to spend alot on a single record.

Pangaea

£21 on the 3xLP of selected ambient works 2, brown vinyl...which isn't really that much

considered dropping thirty quid on dmz002 when i saw it on discogs... but decided against it

john eden

male pale and stale
OK cool. I reckon that might end up being worth considerably more than that in the next few years...

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
£20 for Brown & Rhymeside - Maniac Drummer / Break Exploitation (Moving Shadow 43) when I got in from the pub one night -oops-

also £99 for a copy of TG24, but that's 24 CDs so maybe it doesn't count :)

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
I spend about 5 euros a month on my rapidshare account and all you vinyl fetishists and mp3 haters can kiss my ass.

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
The most I ever spent on a record was 15 quid for a mint copy of "LFO" by LFO a couple of years back. Used to buy new 12s for a fiver, sometimes a tenner for an import I really wanted, like Smash TV's "Yellow Asteroids". I didn't really get many opportunities to play out, so I sort of quit. Thinking about CD decks now, tho.

staypuft

bwah bwah
I'm the other £200+ maniac.. I purchased Boards of Canada's original Twoism record... which was soon after reissued on Warp.