dave quam

that shit sounds pretty damn generic...not bad but definitely not very exciting. Whatever tho imma hater.

So question, who are your favorite non-chicago juke type producers...or favorite non-chicago/chicago influenced tracks?

skweeelicious!

bass downstairs
that's easy. nightmare juke squad are pure quality. leatherface, candyman, hilti -- all great, and the other stuff coming out on the label, tho i don't know if some of the other artist names are aliases for the same guys (some are def not like prime slime, but i don't know about lecter, kaptain cadilac, raoul juke, et. al.)

that andrea release is fucking brilliant imo, the best thing i've heard out of the u.k. -- i find it a lot less watered down and more creative than the addison groove or girl unit stuff, and it's actually at juke tempo!

Last edited:

BareBones

wheezy
"raoul juke" lol, that's a great name.

i like that andrea 12". it's a bit deep which is why i can imagine some people not liking it, but both tracks are cool i reckon.

there's a texan guy called wheez-ie who's made some pretty sweet juke tunes too. 'leave her alone' is big.
http://soundcloud.com/wheez-ie

daddek

that andrea release is fucking brilliant imo, the best thing i've heard out of the u.k. -- i find it a lot less watered down and more creative than the addison groove or girl unit stuff, and it's actually at juke tempo!

possible suggestion that girl unit & addison groove are less worthy because they are less generically and singularly juke?
i dont know, to me straight juke made outside of chicago is more problematic identity wise than hybrid stuff.

dave quam

Cedaa is my dawg for sure, and I'd say my favorite outsider interpretation. He is from Bellingham Washington.

Footcrab and Girl Unit are also up there as far as doing somethng useful with the influence. Actually a personality involved in the music which is the main problem for me with a lot of stuff outside of Chicago.

DJ Slow out of Belgium has some KILLER 160ish tracks coming out that are pretty footwork influenced. Pretty excited for that.

skweeelicious!

bass downstairs
damscray from russia has some monster dark juke tracks.

i really dig fad TMB, think he's from australia.

i heard some juke from belgium, i can't remember if it was dj slow.

mms

sometimes
possible suggestion that girl unit & addison groove are less worthy because they are less generically and singularly juke?
i dont know, to me straight juke made outside of chicago is more problematic identity wise than hybrid stuff.

I agree here, it's not watering down or being less creative to be influenced by something and put it into the framework you work in. And to call work them 'less creative' than someone who's pretty much done a straight up little bit bland juke track all be-it one that kinda by default makes clear the simularities between juke and jungle is clearly nonsense and trying far to hard. Whats going on here is more bullshit authenticity games - ie this andrea record is better cos it's more authentic really, ie easily the worst reason for liking a record.

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
Why does Chrissy Murderbot keep popping up in Juke related features? didn't he use to make shit D&B?
I presume he's making Juke now, what are his tracks like?

skweeelicious!

bass downstairs
I agree here, it's not watering down or being less creative to be influenced by something and put it into the framework you work in. And to call work them 'less creative' than someone who's pretty much done a straight up little bit bland juke track all be-it one that kinda by default makes clear the simularities between juke and jungle is clearly nonsense and trying far to hard. Whats going on here is more bullshit authenticity games - ie this andrea record is better cos it's more authentic really, ie easily the worst reason for liking a record.

WHOA WHOA WHOA i never claimed the andrea record was "more aunthentic", the person who disagreed w/ me MISINTERPRETED my "watered down" comment. i meant they took out some of the more challenging aspects of juke and smoothed out the rough edges and the andrea tracks didn't pull punches in that way. if you're hearing a "straight up little bit bland juke track" (which one?) we haven't got anything to talk about. and speaking of bullshit, "kinda by default makes clear the simularities between juke and jungle"? like they produced the tracks by fucking accident???

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
WHOA WHOA WHOA i never claimed the andrea record was "more aunthentic", the person who disagreed w/ me MISINTERPRETED my "watered down" comment. i meant they took out some of the more challenging aspects of juke and smoothed out the rough edges and the andrea tracks didn't pull punches in that way. if you're hearing a "straight up little bit bland juke track" (which one?) we haven't got anything to talk about. and speaking of bullshit, "kinda by default makes clear the simularities between juke and jungle"? like they produced the tracks by fucking accident???

retarded.