Woebot releases two EPs

IdleRich

IdleRich
I can't get on that at work - what kind of sound is it in a nutshell?
I'm guessing crackly and slightly dubby atmospherics and soundscapes... or maybe eighties style pop with an overpolished sheen, but probably the former.

BareBones

wheezy
your guess sounds pretty much correct - FACT says:

"The music is an atmospheric blend of low frequencies and chirruping samples evocative of (and perhaps sourced from?) this area of London. Fans of The Caretaker would do well to check it out.

Opening track 'Bunhill' loops a line from Blake's poem 'The Tyger' ("When the stars threw down their spears / And watered heaven with their tears") and sets it to a sparse dub rhythm reminiscent of Shackleton's Skull Disco and Mordant Music tracks. Elsewhere, ghost traces of junglist breaks and spoken incitations to rave are mingled with doomy, pseudo-occult ambience, as if those "clandestine events" from throughout history are happening all at once."

sounds well sweet to me, but i admit i'm wary of buying music without hearing it first

mms

sometimes
yes nice project from matt, who woulda thought this would be the new thing he's got into ?

luka

what! he sent me what he clamied was the first piece of music he'd ever done about 3 weeks ago! moves very quickly that boy.

tom lea

i didnt write that fact thing, but they're really good. a bit pricey for some 3" cds with black and white artwork, but they're very nice.

polystyle

Right, one week he's sending '20th c classical' with Sibelius,
next thing he's got 2 ep's out ...
Moving and groovin' Matt !

soundslike1981

Nice linocuts or woodcuts or whatever they are. . .

But I think he stole the idea from an album I made whilst living in Oxford, comprised of sounds recorded around town.

; )

I'm missing how to actually purchase these things. . .

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
i don't want to go overboard but i got these this morning and they're fucking extraordinary- i kind of expected them to be good but i'm genuinely shocked at just how... odd they are.

anyway, he's coming on my show on resonance in the next few weeks or so but i'll confirm that once everything is certain.