Berlin: where to eat?

ether

I'm heading there this weekend, I've scoured the other berlin threads knocking around and have a loose plan of what i'm going to get up to during me stay, but can anyone recommend anywhere to eat?

I read somewhere east-Berlin has a big Turkish community? I'm very partial to Turkish/middle eastern food (licks lips) but anywhere really you'd recommend.

cheers.

zhao

there are no accidents
if you want some authentic chinese steamed dumplings or pot stickers, northern style:

wuji china restaurant
wattstr.12
13629 berlin
tel:3814050

Chef is from Beijing my home town :D

there is a great pizza/pasta place by the river in kottbussertor:

Il Casolare
Grimmstraße, 30
Kreuzberg, 10967

i have my own favorite little Turkish places but i fear not comparable to the amazing ones my friends in x-berg tell me about so won't bother... will try to get the low down.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Go to Hasir Kreuzberg on Adalbertstrasse (Kotbusser Tor U-Bahn). Have the lamb on aubergine puree dish. You won't regret it.

Also there's a great Italian place on Danziger str. near to Eberswalder U-Bahn. The waiters seem to have come straight of a David Lynch film, but the food is excellent and there's a gorgeous picture of Sophia in the bar area.

Also, opposite there is a great pizza joint that does quality Italian pizzas for 2 euros - good for lunchtime snacking.