Raymond Scott Archives on Getting Ahead of Ourselves

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
n47743929190_1368655_1017.jpg

Jeff Winner, Curator of the Raymond Scott Archives,
will be our esteemed guest on Getting Ahead of Ourselves.
Two solid hours of raw synth sounds from the archives.
We would be pleased to have you with us!

(big thanks to www.graywolfedesign.com for the flyer-design)

WE ARE ON EASTERN TIME!

Last edited:

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
The show is tonight 7 to 9 PM EST.
One final bump before we punch the big red button marked "broadcast".

A message from John, AKA, the Sleepy DJ:

As some of you know, OK and myself have been broadcasting from G-Town Radio, a Germantown based, internet community radio station. We've been presenting a mix of music two Tuesdays a month from 7-9pm. It's currently on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays. In addition to having more guests and themes, we've recently expanded to a blog and podcast. We'll be posting other stuff we're into, updates, events and new and old episodes in case you missed us on-air or the first time around.

Tonight for our first interview, we're honored to have Jeff Winner, curator of the Raymond Scott archives. In case you aren't familiar, Raymond Scott was a musician, composer, engineer and inventor who worked in jazz, electronic, and avant-garde music. We're lucky to have him. There's no better intro to Raymond Scott than Jeff so if you can, tune in.

This is just a one-time reminder to check us out along with the other great programs on G-Town Radio. Let us know you're out there. Tune in, check out the podcast, become a fan on Facebook, subscribe in iTunes or send an email back if you want us to send out the occasional e-mail nudge. Thanks.

take care, john

http://www.gettingaheadofourselves.com
@ G-Town- http://gtownradio.com/component/content/blogsection/24/94/

thanks for allowing us to spam you, dissensus.

staypuft

bwah bwah
tuned in now and loving the format of the show! original Raymond Scott work played back to back with their remixes.. I just hope we hear some Luke Vibert and J Dilla :D

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
thanks a lot!

we had a great time with jeff, we are thinking of having him back in september----he's got so much material he can do another show without repeating himself.

also, we are going to approach irwin chusid to come on the show to talk about outsider music, or maybe more cartoon music-related stuff.

the podcast will be up in one to two weeks, i am sure. i will bump this thread one last time when that happens.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
hey hey!

the podcast is up and you can stream it from our site if that's how you roll

this is my last bump for this thread
thank you mods for allowing it

:cool: