London pubs

IdleRich

IdleRich
Previously i said that there were no real pubs in Lisbon. But yesterday was hanging I was hanging out with a friend of mine and I do remember that a few months ago, I went with her to the theatre and afterwards she took me to a place I'd never been before and it was the most pubby I've been to in Lisbon. That was in fact the day of the general election and I had quite a few drinks before the play to calm my nerves, and then, when it was the interval, I went to check how the results were looking and immediately necked several very large glasses of red wine. And afterwards I drank an awful lot in the bar of the theatre to try and blot out the unbearably awful truth - all before we went to check out this rather nice bar. So that's why I had forgotten about it until yesterday.
I think it was one of the nicer bars I've been to here but, I guess the Portuguese just don't like this kind of place cos we were literally the only people there (this was before the plandemic had reached us).
Anyway, it's called A Parodia

photo8jpg.jpg

dd8f73e8e9887ef61bbabffafb518398_featured_v2.jpg

ls.jpg

It's got these small roves off from the main bar which remind me of places such as The Princess Louise or The Angel both roughly between Centre Point and Tottenham Court Road Station.

154434.jpg

As far as I know it's not a fake "English Pub" just a Lisbon bar that was somehow designed this way - and for that reason it's all the better Or at least that's how I remember it on my one and only totally sozzled visit.

That reminds me, it turns out that Parodia is one of about four venues in Lisbon that have this kind of wood panelled interior and look, at least from the pictures, rather like London pubs. When I discovered this I immediately planned to visit them all and evaluate them - but the pandemic or something got in the way and I never did this - probably i should resurrect this scheme.

IdleRich

IdleRich
That reminds me, it turns out that Parodia is one of about four venues in Lisbon that have this kind of wood panelled interior and look, at least from the pictures, rather like London pubs. When I discovered this I immediately planned to visit them all and evaluate them - but the pandemic or something got in the way and I never did this - probably i should resurrect this scheme.

Procopio is one of them I believe, looks promising.

42.-procopio-960x640-c1-580x387.jpg

images (17).jpeg

bar-procópio-faz-50-anos-@barprocopio1-1024x682.jpg

luka

"Yes, sorrry Luka, bit embaressing that. He's a chap who works in the same office as I do, and who, infuriatingly, makes more money that me, despite being both younger than I am, and worse at copywriting. He made me promise to promote the video at the undergound forum I frequent. Somewhat humiliating but I could hardly say no.
Yours in respect, admiration and the deepest humility,
Jack Law (Corpsey)"

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Not sure why I shared it in here really thought it would fit into the general conversation I saw on here about how wetherspoons is the last bastion of cheap drinks and a mixed crowd of people in London

Also I work with the guy so please don't embarrass ne