1/2 of basic channel and sleeparchive at plastic people!

mateito

Yes, on the day of my birthday, no less!! I was going to post this up today.

Honest Jon's welcomes Sleeparchive (Live), Mark Ernestus (Rhythm and Sound/Hardwax) & Substance Aka DJ Pete (Scion Versions, Chain Reaction, Hardwax) at Plastic People. The night will run from 10pm till 3am.
Goes without saying it's not one to be missed!

Tickets available at www.honestjons.com, priced £8

See you there!

www.honestjons.com
www.hardwax.com

HJ-night-763425.jpg

mateito

tickets are going fast for this, there will most likely be no tickets at the door, so please make sure you book in advance if you fancy coming down. you've been warned

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
I have a spare ticket if anyone is interested. I'll need to know in the next hour though! I'll be heading down around 11.00 to 11.30 pm, so I'd need to meet in the shoreditch area around then.

PM me on here if you're interested.

viktorvaughn

I wasn't there but it was probably DJ Pete/Substance. He did a pretty boring RA podcast with lots of older dubstep tracks.

yeah he was billed so i was looking fwd to some deep grainy dubby techno and then he played some older skream track etc, wasn't quite right.

Sleeparchive was really enjoyable though.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
sleeparchive was wicked for a bit, made plastic people feel strangely tropical for such incredibly cold music

what was mark ernestus playing?

Last edited:

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
The boring dubstep set was DJ Pete.

Mark Ernestus's final set was great, all modern dancehall version sides. Crisp, synthetic productions. He didn't really get the crowd rocking, but it was a million times more interesting than someone coming over from Berlin just to play dubsteo and minimal techno.

mms

sometimes
get what you're saying but reducing dancehall to a kind of techno by leaving out the vocal cuts and juggling seems a bit weird to me

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Oh yeah, fair point. Shed an interesting light on the way he listens, though.

It wasn't an amazing evening, really, but it was kind of unusual.

padro1982

I was pretty gutted I couldn't make this but all reviews I've read make out it was pretty lacklustre, which is a shame as all 3 are great acts/dj's on their day. We had Pete over a couple of weeks ago in Manc and he was ace.

I don't think what Mark does with the 7's is/was in anyway intended to reduce dancehall to a type of techno though, him and Moritz pretty much always play versions like that, although I suppose usually they have Tiki on hand to fill in the gaps.

grave

The boring dubstep set was DJ Pete.

Mark Ernestus's final set was great, all modern dancehall version sides. Crisp, synthetic productions. He didn't really get the crowd rocking, but it was a million times more interesting than someone coming over from Berlin just to play dubsteo and minimal techno.

I absolutely loved his final set, but have no idea what any of those records were or where to begin. Could you point me in the right direction?