The press release hall of shame thread

Leo

How Not to Take a DJ Press Shot

http://www.inthemix.com.au/features/55228/How_not_to_take_a_DJ_press_shot

5caf3_1657253.jpg

Blackdown

nexKeysound
"Meticulously molding and mixing across House and Techno, the journey will leave you in no question that once again, John Digweed is presenting the freshest music in his unequivocal trade mark style."

Blackdown

nexKeysound
When i get stuff like this day in day out in my inbox it's like someone's persecuting me, psychologically. This thread is my only hope for sanity...

"We are an up and coming Texas based production duo recently exploring new ideas in trap music. We incorporate live guitar-playing into our productions along with deep subs, gritty tones and unique melodies. The TimeSquared sound is all about not having any restrictions and creating works that stay true to us.

We continue to push the boundaries of electronic music with our unconventional approach to song writing. We feel that sometimes music now days is viewed far too seriously so we like to mix it up with our humorous personalities.

Our song, Get a Mop, is also a call to action for everyone to, in fact, get a mop. Mop awareness is important to us because dance floors get slippery when wet and nobody should be getting injured whilst twerking. We do it for the chauncy!"

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
They're edgy but accessible, unconventional but in tune with the practical need for mops. No restrictions except those imposed by cliche.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
**** are creating sounds as beautiful and dramatic as the landscape that envelops them. From the Dingle Peninsula, the five creatives first grew to know each other from a shared interest in surfing. This friendship soon gave way to a tuneful collaboration, borne out of a desire to write music. With songs reflecting both the isolation and consolation of Dingle, this year ***** look set to add to their increasing number of admirers.

Singer ***** is comfortable to characterize their music with the ambiguous description “powerful and almost pop”. Pushing the sound higher, ***** (pianist) and **** (lead guitar) give life to these melodic imaginings. ***** on bass guitar and drummer ***** provide an intelligent and bodily support to their carefully crafted songs. Central to the house that they share is the rehearsal space, where each of the five can document song ideas at anytime – “an advantage” of their environment and something not possible living in a city.

**** journey brought them to Grouse Lodge Studios [resulting in music] on which ***** is both plaintive and powerful, pointing at a maturity in the band’s song writing which belies their young age.

With a workmanlike dedication to their craft the band toured across the country, developing their passion for playing live with standout performances [various Festivals. They also made some notable special guest appearances with [some other people]

Imbued with a charming determination to reach out from the surf and ruggedness of Corca Dhuibhne, ***** are giving every chance to achieving their ambitions in 2013. With the completion of their debut EP, some high profile performances (including Other Voices IMRO Other Room) and the recent inclusion of their music on The Voice of Ireland television show, it cannot be long before ***** are heard far beyond the most westerly tip of this island.

asterisk for humane reasons

Last edited:

Tim Reaper

green bay crew.
I found out the name of the band by picking a line at random and searching it on Google, dunno why you chose to censor it lol

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I can't think of a single artist that I rate who I would describe as 'workmanlike'. It's not a possitive adjective for a musician. I respect workmanlike footballers but not musicians

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Yeah I heard some tedious 6music DJ describe a rock star as "professional" last weekend. And he meant it as a compliment!

tomfun

My buddy Lockah gets sent a lot of these, this one made me laugh, due to it's infinite repeatability.

"He doesen't give premature sings of his passion,but however he borns “with the headphone to the hears”. Even if he starts in late for the standards, Mark shoots ahead and at the age of 17 he start his artistic way patronizing the leading parthenopean clubs. He begin his first productions influenced from an espert dj with whom he will estabilsh a good friendship,his name is Thomas Pardo who had given him a great support. Mark's music increases, it started with tribal music influences that tormented that years...Then he came off from that commercial ambit,marching side by side at electronic and minimal sounds approaching to techno.He varies his live from tech-house to progressive-house, touching hard techno and german minimal, appreciating electro music"

I guess it could be just poor google translating though.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
His DJ sets aim to draw lines of comparison between a diverse range of musical cultures based on an ancient polyrhythmic algorhythm.

philblackpool

gamelanstep
you think that is bad, check out this absolute monstrosity

"Foulplaydubstep once again sets the bar high with the Payin Dues album. With production from producers which hail from all over the globe this album hits hard with anything from club step wobblers, to smash mouth teeth grinding bass, and of course a couple melodic panty wetter’s for the ladies. The top notch tunes from Prodigal son which is one of drum and bass’s amen legends comes hard with two thuggy and grimy tunes (Crack Cocaine/Dun Call the Police), Richie August puts his two sense in with Hustle Baby which will rumble your double 18 cabs to shreds, Substacja’s tune is a remix of one of Prolific’s and a6’s tunes THE TAKOVER which breaks the boundaries of underground hip hop and dub step by bridging the gap, 2mc one of Israel’s top production crews put down the body fluids which is a combination of some wobble and the tough stuff, Digid which is Belgium’s pride brought the absence of light tune which in my personal opinion is the gem of the album and is fucking sicker then aids, Atariwun which hails from Australia his tune FIRE is exactly what is says FIRE a wobbler that will make your dance floor move in synchronous order, Vandal aka his tune is DIM SUM which is another top notch wobbler, all the other tunes you can see for yourself and know that we are continuing to kill people globally. Foulplaydubstep only brings the heat for the fans, for the dj’s, and more importantly the haters. For more information on this release, bio information and upcoming releases visit myspace.com/foulplaydubstep or foulplayrecords.com."

He also says "for know we will give you this gem to feast on"

feasting on gems would surely "smash mouth"?

Fucking sicker then aids is sooooo 'The-Sun-Interprets-The-Beastie-Boys-Circa-1986'!

philblackpool

gamelanstep
[Blackdown - Upthread]:

'erm......

"The EP culminates in the deeper, more subtle Shit Weasel."'

-----------------------------------------------