Guys singing falsetto...

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
KingDiamond.jpg

gumdrops

i love men singing falsetto (im not going to do a no homo). some of my fave singers who do it - bilal, maxwell, prince, eddie kendricks, ron isley, MJ, loads really.

Client Eastwood

There's a new Maxwell album out, anyone heard it/rate it/hate it? I always liked Urban Hang Suite but never got into the second album.

dave

the day today tonight
Full credit to michael for putting me onto this a while back, Parallel Dance Ensemble feat. Coco Solid and Bobbi Soxx "Weight Watchers":

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

That HAS TO be the weakest falsetto ever, but it's just sooooooo good.

the ig

^prob billymac's sweetest falsetto is on the b side of the 'take me to the girl' 12". the title song versioned in tinkling small hours jazzclub style and renamed 'the girl that took me'
perfect poise, delicious phrasing, and testament to all the couldabeens of a wasted talent.
but hell i also love the much maligned 'perhaps' which despite being marred by terrible prod' is full of brilliant songs inc single 'those first impressions' which is cheeky, slinkily sexy and cute as hell, and also features his v controlled and finely spun falsetto singing.

beach boys again...
or, more precisely brian wilson's falsetto, one of the 7 wonders surely!
two off the top of my head:
'the warmth of the sun' - ouch!
...or the version 'surf's up' with just him at the piano that you can get on various smile boots or box sets

look in bluegrass for lots of great falsettoes
bill monroe of course for starters
'the high and lonesome' they called it...

Last edited: