• Ruff Squad + Rapid

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Plasticman/Plastician

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

petergunn

plywood violin

noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

maniac is good, but no GOAT... his shit is too clean sounding... he has a great melodic ear and gets sick bass sounds, but his drum programming is generally fairly dull, compared to someone like Rapid or Young Dot...

if you're talking 2nd wave grime producers, i really liked for Raptor... don't know if he's still doing shit, but War of the Speakers was such a sick EP...

luka

wiley, can't get away from the legend. eskimo. ice rink. igloo. all the rest.
as a more personal choice i guess rapid. thought target and danny weed produced some fantastic music too.
(not sure why terror danja has 25% of teh vote when jammer target and danny weed have nothing.... just to do wtih recent threads about him?)

zhao

there are no accidents
wish i could choose more than one, but there is a special place in my troubled heart for the WEED.

benjybars

village elder.
yeah thread definitely needs more waifer.

those Grime EPs on Slew Dem Recordings are two of the biggest releases of all time..

Producers who did a few influential tracks and then sort of dissapeared.

DJ Wire/ Live Wire
Hindzy D
END Productions (what the fuck happened to them, 2 tunes? half a dozen VIP mixes)

And someone who perhaps should have been on the list.
Geeneus/ Wizzbit. I know he wasnt 100% comfortable with being labeled Grime, but man was coming up with loads of excellent tracks.

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Did Dizzee make all his beats...who is this Cage guy who is mentioned sometimes, did he have something to do with the beats?

gumdrops

danny weed always seemed a bit overrated to me, but then i was never crazy about the creeper riddim. i didnt even like a lot of the aim high beats either tbh but im prob alone there. they always seemed a bit too polished and not really grimey enough rhythmically imo. targets earlier beats were sick though.

geeneus should def be rated higher.

no one said wonder? i love tubbys beats too - wish he released more. plastician was fucking sick until he defected to dubstep too. that album seemed to signal the end of his peak, though the cha refix was classic.

viktorvaughn

Waifer for sure, perfect that Slew Dem had some of the grittiest greaziet beats to go with the grittiest greaziest bars.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Soooo, producers that probably should have been included in the original list: Waifer, Geeneus, Dizzee, Maniac. Adding them all to the also-ran list (poorly named I guess :) ), along with people's more personal choices.
Producers that maybe shouldn't have been included: Agent X. But the main reason I put him on the poll, although I've only heard a few of his tunes, was that I'm under the impression that he's one of the most highly-rated producers from the early, proto-grime period and I thought it was important to represent something from then. I may have a misperception of his role though.

viktorvaughn

Soooo, producers that probably should have been included in the original list: Waifer, Geeneus, Dizzee, Maniac. Adding them all to the also-ran list (poorly named I guess :) ), along with people's more personal choices.
Producers that maybe shouldn't have been included: Agent X. But the main reason I put him on the poll, although I've only heard a few of his tunes, was that I'm under the impression that he's one of the most highly-rated producers from the early, proto-grime period and I thought it was important to represent something from then. I may have a misperception of his role though.

No, Agent X is big - Killahertz, Decoy, Galaxy and latterly on more of a 4/4 tip too. I think he is fine to go on a list of decent early grime/bumpy garage producers.

viktorvaughn

these are 3/4 of the waifer vids on youtube. not exactly the

what about low deep? catz, cheeky violin, straight flush, so right now - they're hard but totally sublime as well. the problem is that he really only does one thing.

Yes! Low Deep has such a distinctive sound. I think straight flush is his ultimate tune, but so many of those tracks from that period are great variations on a theme with the sting-y sound - catz, so right now, etc.

Also worth a mention on that wicked classical sound if not an alltime spot is imp batch - gype riddim...

shaolinsoul

Does anybody know the tune at 5:12 from this oldskool NASTY set? Swear I heard it so many times. The name escapes me.