Rolling Radio Show Thread

Simon78

Anyone know if its easy setting up Shoutcast on the Mac?

I will be going from my mixer into a Motu 828 and back into my computer with Firewire

Simon78

shouldnt be no bother?

Never had a mac though so???

Hopefully its all fine. I just had a look and for Windows it seems to broadcast through Winamp but I haven't got that. Just wondered what it streams it through on a Mac.

The music comes back into my computer with my soundcard and I can record in Logic with that so it must work somehow. I just don't know if I needed something added to my Motu driver?

Edit; looks like it should all just magically work?
Not a Windows or Winamp user? Don't worry, we've got you covered! For our advanced users on Mac OS X, Linux and Unix, the UNIX/Linux version of the SHOUTcast Radio DSP permits input from a soundcard in addition to MP3 files on disk. Please refer to the example .conf file included with the archive for more information. Please note that this method of broadcasting is currently in beta and therefore unsupported. Please use at your own risk. Download the SHOUTcast Radio DSP for Unix/Linux/MAC OSX here.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I hate how my workplace appears to block streaming radio. 8-10pm for me is my 3-5pm homestretch. Rinse and Sub would come in handy during those hours.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Is it me or do the downloadable podcasts from the Rinse FM site only work half the time? And are they even actually podcasts?

They always work for me, haven't had a problem in months.

Tempz, Frisco, Skepta, Trim, Lee Brasco, Little D, P Money, Blacks & Drifter showed up in the end. Not very hype but it's still good.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i only caught 20 minutes to be honest. probably that this stuff is new to me, not having listened to much funky over the past 2 months. As with early garage though, i find myself hankering back to when there was a lot of US tunes in the mix (maybe there still are, though doesn't sound like it to me). Something I love about us tunage fucked around with with a uk attitude. Not that I don't love a lot of the UK stuff itself of course...

Edit: "TIL 6AM IN THE MORNING!" I love adverts on pirate radio.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Wasn't really into that maximum set, beats weren't to my taste... Pretty bored of Skepta noawadays.

Might try and catch that spooky set.