Bragging rights - heroic events of immense kudos achieved before you lost your edge

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
i once owned a bass (Rich Mockingbird) that used to belong to the bassist of The The...
a bandmate had drums that he bought off of Dom Um Romao before DUR moved back to Brazil and died

cesrjb

I once saw the stone roses play Pilton village fete.

Hitched a lift to a rave with the drummer from The Vapours ("turning japanese")

Ummm......

polystyle

Thread has some of the best summer reading so far
Cheers on all the stories

Routes -your Kate Moss story hit home.
We know some who have worked with her and so visualizing it comes too easy -
and then came the bf primal scream mate ... lol

Reading these reminded me that the random meetings with people can be so telling, offputting or great ...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I can't believe I forgot this one: I threw a notepad at David Cronenberg's sister because she was throwing a tantrum at the clothing store I worked at. I know she was David Cronenberg's sister because she kept going through that "Do you know who I am?!" routine.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
So these stories don't have to involve music people?

Well I've had tea with Patrick Moore at his house in Selsey Bill. Prolly mentioned that one before. Actually, Moore is musical, isn't he...?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well sort of, I guess. :)

crackerjack

I can't believe I forgot this one: I threw a notepad at David Cronenberg's sister because she was throwing a tantrum at the clothing store I worked at. I know she was David Cronenberg's sister because she kept going through that "Do you know who I am?!" routine.

ok. we're widening the net here to famous offspring...i once gave Judy's (as in Richard & ) son a lift to work. I din 't throw anything at him, cos at no time did he say "do you know who i am?" - which i didn't. He and his gf are the slowest people walkers in the world, however, and having parked, we had to leave them ambling along, stopping at every crack in the pavement.

edit: oh yeah, Dennis Law's son once bought me a drink. He's a top bloke, but you're not allowed to talk about it.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Oh right, music.

I once had to be physically restrained by a friend to prevent me from attacking Benga. I've met quite a lot of the dubstep crowd actually, but I guess that doesn't have much currency round here. Most of them have been utter wankers.

Leo

i saw sam waterston filming a scene from "law & order" on 10th avenue one time...but then again, pretty much EVERYONE in nyc has seen filming of "L&O" at some point or another, so that's nothing special.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
One of my mates fingered diane lousie jordan's step daughter

TRUE STORIES

I saw miquita at FWD, I was gonna slobber over her thighs but I was too drunk to move

martin

----
By association:

- Members of my family used to hang around with / compare guns with Countess Markiewicz

- I once lived with a bloke whose sister was stalked by Keith Harris during a weekend in Blackpool

- I once went out with someone who was sexually harrassed by Seb Fontaine at the Ministry of Sound

- I knew somebody who was abused down the phone by Patrick McGoohan

Last edited:

bun-u

Trumpet Police
a coupla grimey ones...

i've been in jammer's basement (looking for that hooky bassline)...

d double came up to me to say hi when I was drinking outside the King Edwards pub in Stratford...out of the blue, said something like 'what me tel' em, its Dirty Canvas'

I'm dining on that one forever

benjybars

village elder.
Oh right, music.

I once had to be physically restrained by a friend to prevent me from attacking Benga. I've met quite a lot of the dubstep crowd actually, but I guess that doesn't have much currency round here. Most of them have been utter wankers.

benga's always seemed safe enough..?

kode9 is an absolute gent.. shared a cab with him and he then gave me and my girlfriend free passes AND drinks vouchers for fabric.:)

also sat next to Mala in a croatian restaurant.. he had the fish.

as you say though, i don't think dubstep ones count for much here. (and if they do, i guess Blackdown wins)

@ bun-u: that D Double thing is pretty big.