La Gaga

D

droid

It struck me like a hammer in the face when I was watching TV last weekend.

Lady Gaga = Eurovision

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
tumblr_lkq5uyCnuB1qbyhvlo1_500.png

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Her latest entrance on stage at the Big Weekend is a direct recreation of the Zos Kia Cultus' Rite of Thanatos vel Babalon, fact fans.

slowtrain

I don't like her lyrics very much - should just admit you don't actually know what yr going on about

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Really interesting reading, actually!

wow, really interesting stuff on the "Gays Against Gaga" article, completely agreed - I haven't read all of it, just flicked through, but cooptation and making money from gay communities is obviously massive in pop histroy - eg Madonna with Vogue...

re white people relatign to Asia, Gwen Stefani circa 2005 to thread! That woman is a twunt, much as I like some of her tunes.

CrowleyHead

Gwen Stefani is the most retarded aspect of American Culture ever. The greatest thing that came out of the Black Eyed Peas, and you lot will be horrified that I just said that... Was the Fergie Solo Career. Because she actually made an ACTUAL rap song as opposed to a fucking Cheerleader March, so she essentially undid the minor urban foothold Stefani had gained off of the Eve hook and Pharrell visits. I fully credit Will.I.Am, Fergie and her meth-scratched face with destroying Stefani's threatening reign over people.

Sorry, but I figure that rant was more valuable than critical analysis over Gaga really.

CrowleyHead

To me they were all crap, but whatever.

Back on the subject, "Paparazzi" is still 1000x times better a song than most 'competition' that gets brought up on this thread ever wrote. She's been essentially brain-dead since then, and I don't imagine I'll care much afterwards, but hey.

e/y

I actually really enjoy Gaga's singles, but I've never been able to make it through either of her albums. her attempts at ballads grate, in particular.

and Gwen Stefani has made some great music, imo.

slowtrain

To me they were all crap, but whatever.

Back on the subject, "Paparazzi" is still 1000x times better a song than most 'competition' that gets brought up on this thread ever wrote. She's been essentially brain-dead since then, and I don't imagine I'll care much afterwards, but hey.

Yeah - Gaga's first tunes were pretty wicked, but her new stuff is definitely just 'weird/edgy' - lite

you

Gwen Stefani has had some amazing songs, Luxurious and Wonderful life are quality pop songs with great production IMO.

I dont get lady gaga, Judas is a good song, the rest feel below par for me, she needs an umbrella or something..