Tentative Mixing

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Thanks a lot folks, glad that people are enjoying it :) .
Yeah the first half or so of this did work out to have quite a nice flow to it in the end, which I was pleased with. Only fair to say though that about 2/3rds of the way through a couple of sloppy mixes do creep back in; plus the the 2nd half of the mix is just a bit more chaotic selection-wise. But yeah, bit by bit I suppose I am getting more comfortable with mixing.
Do I have to start calling myself Assured Andy now though? Despite the alliteration it doesn't have quite the same ring to it. ;)

continuum

smugpolice
great mix! haven't listened to any funky mixes for a while and this has got me back into it. listened to a petchy mix which was incredible but been unable to get into him again due to the MCs which are too loud and piss me off. Haven't bothered with Marcus for while either as plays alot of stuff he's played for ages. Looking forward to the next one!

Benny Bunter

great mix! haven't listened to any funky mixes for a while and this has got me back into it. listened to a petchy mix which was incredible but been unable to get into him again due to the MCs which are too loud and piss me off. Haven't bothered with Marcus for while either as plays alot of stuff he's played for ages. Looking forward to the next one!

Petchy's on right now, no MCs just lots of lush house tracks. I'm recording so I'll stick it up tomorrow.

I LOVE the MCs on Petchy's show so much though, they're what pirate radio is made for. Hot S is my current favourite. And how can you not love Shantie?

@Andy: Thoroughly enjoyed the mix, its a bit of a beast. But where's this Hardcore Half Hour you promised us all? EH?

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
This is a bit of an education for me for recent funky stuff, I've not really been listening to Live or Rinse much for the last few months. Big tings!

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Nice to see the feedback come in, thanks folks.

Wise - yeah, isn't it just? I actually took the liberty of starting it from about halfway through so it would be easier to get to the piano bit, which is my fav moment of the tune.
Continuum - thanks, yeah I'm def going to keep on doing mixes like this, next one might not be quite as long though. In fact if anyone has any realistic ideas about anywhere on radio I could do this sort of thing on a more regular basis, I'd be all ears. (Might be getting ahead of myself though, dunno).
Benny - holding my hands up, I've been totally slacking on the ardcore mix 'cause I've just been so concentrated on house the last while. Making it my next project though, promise.
Paulo - cheers buddy. In fairness you usually give me the education when it comes to post-dubstep/future-garage/whateva, so it balances out. I reckon if Phone Home got played out at one of the nights in Glasgow it would go down great btw.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Great mix Andy, very smooth! only got about half way through before I got interrupted but looking forward to listening again.
Keep it up!

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Thanks for that mate - as I said, the first half of the mix prob is the best section, but the rest should be worth a listen too when you get the chance.
Yeah I'm def aiming to keep the momentum going with these. :)