Question re: Energy Flash

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
The neologisms are important because he's making the point that standard language and academic predispositions don't come close to being able to grasp what's going on in the music, that the music forces new ways of thinking and speaking about itself.

I got the feeling this is what he is trying to do, I'm just not convinced the way to do this is to just smash words together. It's a bit pretentious. Futurhythmachine? Seriously?

nomos

Administrator
I got the feeling this is what he is trying to do, I'm just not convinced the way to do this is to just smash words together. It's a bit pretentious. Futurhythmachine? Seriously?
For me it took a couple of reads. Sometimes I'd be put off by something that seemed opaque or gimmicky the first time around only to go back and be struck by truth of it on closer reading. I think he makes a point in Motion Capture about pushing these ideas to see how well they hold together.

nomos

Administrator
but you don't right? because he's taking a lot of the language and concepts from the music which he's saying doesn't require a literary treatment.

vimothy

yurp
Er, I was just taking the piss. For the record, I do have a degree in English Lit, and I definitely don't need it.

benjybars

village elder.
Which bookshop? (I ask having been in the game for 8 years.)

big bastard waterstone's on piccadilly.

hate it. passionately.

actually, i first phoned Quartet Books over a year ago about the reprint and they keep saying yeah, yeah it's coming soon.

they're on a Newham Generals tip.