Fascism!

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Like I already said, peace will never be static and universal. Nothing is ever static or universal.

Your ontology is deeply stupid.

nikbee

Good, then do it. Go back to the Ustase.

But I know you won't do that, you're a pussy.

So you'll continue to live under capitalism, taking money from capitalism, allowing it to feed and nourish you, give you a place to live, a shelter from your fascist oppressors, a career, book deals, and still, you'll consider yourself a victim.

Chuckle.

but this doesnt work!!! why would i go back to the Ustase?! youre so confused, jesus.. the Ustase were Croatian fascists that killed Serbian people.. Im half-serbian, half-croatian.. they didnt care if you were 2 percent serbian.. im as good as dead to them.. and to you as well, clearly..

nomadthethird

but this doesnt work!!! why would i go back to the Ustase?! youre so confused, jesus.. the Ustase were Croatian fascists that killed Serbian people.. Im half-serbian, half-croatian.. they didnt care if you were 2 percent serbian.. im as good as dead to them.. and to you as well, clearly..

You said you'd rather be dead than a cynical nihilist CAPITALIST PIG, didn't you? Well, then go back to Croatia, if you're so above liberal notions of human rights.

If it weren't for liberal "human rights", you'd be dead right now, not a refugee living in NY (and the day I believe that will be a cold day in hell.)

nikbee

You said you'd rather be dead than a cynical nihilist CAPITALIST PIG, didn't you? Well, then go back to Croatia, if you're so above liberal notions of human rights.

If it were for liberal "human rights", you'd be dead right now, not a refugee living in NY (and the day I believe that will be a cold day in hell.)

croatia.. paradise! fuck! why didnt i think of that sooner..

nikbee

If it weren't for liberal "human rights", you'd be dead right now, not a refugee living in NY (and the day I believe that will be a cold day in hell.)

wait, so you still dont believe im croatian?

nomadthethird

How about live your life and do whatever you can to make things better, instead of worse?

I might not be able to halt capitalism in its tracks through acts of "intention" or will, but I can refuse to elevate it to Godlike status or pretend that there is nothing outside capitalism and never will be.

See, the difference between me and most communists is that I don't believe capitalism is some sort of eternal, unstoppable machine. I think its moment in the sun in nearly over. The earth simply cannot sustain capitalism as it exists today for much longer, the resources simply do not exist. After the system-- our global civilization--collapses on its own (like so many political and economic system have in the past), people will be left to locally rebuild their societies. That is where the potential will lie. Hopefully we won't go right back to nation-states, but will find other ways to organize.

I like how Terrence McKenna put it, hippy that he was: we need to stop producing things made of "stuff", materials (materialism), we need to start producing things out of light instead.

craner

Beast of Burden
An MEP salary would transform the BNP. It's a game changer. Griffin's old mate the neo-fascist terrorist Roberto Fiore is already one. Actually, it would be interesting to find out how many MEPs belong to far-right, neo-fascist and neo-Nazi parties, and who exactly they are. Anybody have a list?

Back to the more comforting story of the BNP's ineptitude, does anybody remember their hilariously bungled attempt to infiltrate Ukip, with ex-tennis champ Buster Mottram offering an alliance? One of last year's lighter moments.

massrock

See, the difference between me and most communists is that I don't believe capitalism is some sort of eternal, unstoppable machine.
I don't think most communists believe that, isn't it more that some communists think that's the way it appears (appeared?) to be, especially to strong believers in capitalism? If they really believed capitalism was unstoppable and there could be no alternative presumably they wouldn't bother wasting their time with the whole communism thing...

vimothy

yurp
If they really believed capitalism was unstoppable and there could be no alternative presumably they wouldn't bother wasting their time with the whole communism thing...

Assuming, of course, that communist revolution really is the goal of most communists.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
the Mail and the Express: BNP outriders

(yes they legitimately proclaim their differences but usually the analysis is similar, and, more worryingly, the recommendations.)

i love this thread.

it's been about 58 pages since i remember that day Owen H. (not G.) resisting the urge to post, 57 pages since Eden, Craner and Matt B took Zizek to task, about 54 since we all agreed that the TNR piece criticising Zizek was rubbish, about 35 since Dominic and Nomad (nee v 2) were schooling theory, and now we've got about four different conversations going on.

if nobody else has one, Ollie, i will get on that list for you after the weekend.

the NS, give me strength.

in Moston, Mcr, Labour recently defeated a BNP candidate, and the Labour candidate was squawking on about the area sticking with Labour values.
there was an excellent angry letter in the Evening News yday from a Mostonite Green who said loads of mates of theirs (and the letter writer) voted tactically for Labour, abandoning their usual parties in the face of the BNP threat, and that the mistaken swagger of the Labour person was typically instructive.

incidentally idk about London or Brum (sorry to focus on the three largest cities), but i know the BNP were on Market Street the other weekend, which is in the city centre there, and the UK's busiest provincial high street.
they got seen off, but they will be back.

north of Watford, look at how well they do in Stoke and the urban Black Country. i know a councillor of theirs in Blackburn some time ago was supposed to be a bit useless (secondhand via a Blackburn council employee), which i like to think chimes with Craner's many examples of BNP ineptitude.

this bloke could catch balls

6009ym.jpg

massrock

vimothy said:
Assuming, of course, that communist revolution really is the goal of most communists.

You think they just want to sit around and have a good old moan / few real ales?

Well of course that's true, and true of many other alignments at that, but it's also a moot point in that such a person would arguably only then be nominally a communist.

I mean we can all sit in our armchairs and criticise armchair politicos but talking is doing something and revolution would presumably be at least the stated aim of most communists, whether they really mean it or not. Of course lots of people get involved in causes for the social scene or to feel important or to get laid or just to try and make sense of things, or whatever. Lots of people probably don't even know or examine their own motivations when it comes down to it.

vimothy

yurp
You think they just want to sit around and have a good old moan / few real ales?

It's more complicated than that, because,

talking is doing something

I think they want to talk, produce, publish, argue, perform, narritivise, engage, network, critique, read, pose, preen, confuse, beguile, confront... But I don't think they want a revolution, because a revolution would make of the above more difficult. What they do is what they want.