Careers, Jobs and stuff

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Ernst, maybe not a ball, but whatevs - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_the_Pleasure_Principle#Exceptions_to_the_pleasure_principle

There is never anything new. Just opportunity for repetition. Degrees of simulacra.

I see. Poor Ernst. The idea of repetition compulsion is fascinating; the psychosis of being boring and endlessly replaying the same moment/relation in one's life, unable to escape. This is why I believe in the quasi-magical power of the transference in psychoanalysis (and the subsequent working through), as an escape from the loop.

Well, I should have said the seemingly-new.

rubberdingyrapids

As Winnicott brilliantly said in relation to the clients he took in psychoanalysis, the clearest sign of their being in tremendous emotional distress was that when they spoke they bored the shit out of him (paraphrase). This applies to these people.

dyou remember which book that was in?

you

Yeah, Ernst is nifty. Because repetition- pointless, meaningless, unproductive repetition is crucial for maintaining C and living under LC generally - but it is a neurosis. The hyper-medialized world catalyses it all. Reality TV, vaguely, minutely differentiated phones and cars are all spools that exacerbate and mollify the compulsion at once. Lulz - but these are the normalcy of life, the conforming right thing to do... we all know what a those french guys from Paris in the 70's said the other side of such a systems neuroses was - schizophrenia. Dolce and Gabbana. "I don't want to talk about my mother."

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yeah, Ernst is nifty. Because repetition- pointless, meaningless, unproductive repetition is crucial for maintaining C and living under LC generally - but it is a neurosis. The hyper-medialized world catalyses it all. Reality TV, vaguely, minutely differentiated phones and cars are all spools that exacerbate and mollify the compulsion at once. Lulz - but these are the normalcy of life, the conforming right thing to do... we all know what a those french guys from Paris in the 70's said the other side of such a systems neuroses was - schizophrenia. Dolce and Gabbana. "I don't want to talk about my mother."

I should read that. Anything anti-Lacanian is good by me. I like Laing's deconstruction of the psychotic-conformative politics ('normotic', even better) of the labelling of people as 'schizophrenics'.

"I don't want to talk about my mother." Maybe Tricky should have used this as a soundbite in Aftermath, for added psychic dread.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Ha, very good, hadn't seen that!
Mort is there meaning death, but it refers to the death of the deal when it's paid off, not to the death of the holder as is often wrongly implied.

craner

Beast of Burden
Is he implying that all people who take out mortgage loans to buy property sacrifice their lives to capitalism? Is he saying that anybody who has a mortgage is a zombie?

luka

hes not saying that craner he is just saying that you persoanlly, olive craner are a zombie for getting a mortgage. you are a hamster on the wheel