Twees're Good (except they're not)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I like the Original Source shampoos and shower gels too

You're in danger of outing yourself as a tweeophile here, paulo...

The knitting hats for bottles thing is just fucking stupid, I mean how long must it take to make each one? Even if you only value your time at minimum wage, it's got to cost you the equivalent of much more than 25p. And wool isn't free. It seems to be an exercise that's far more about giving their consumers a lovely warm fuzzy feeling inside than it is about actually raising money for a good cause. I mean, if it's about keeping old people warm, presumably knitting human-sized blankets rather than bottle-sized hats would be a better use of people's time.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
You're in danger of outing yourself as a tweeophile here, paulo...

The knitting hats for bottles thing is just fucking stupid, I mean how long must it take to make each one? Even if you only value your time at minimum wage, it's got to cost you the equivalent of much more than 25p. And wool isn't free. It seems to be an exercise that's far more about giving their consumers a lovely warm fuzzy feeling inside than it is about actually raising money for a good cause. I mean, it's it about keeping old people warm, presumably knitting human-sized blankets rather than bottle-sized hats would be a better use of people's time.

Or you could sell overpriced pulped fruit to pay for their heating bills

sufi

lala
Or you could sell overpriced pulped fruit to pay for their heating bills
totally agree
innocent are nasty, did a deal with coca cola, and any fluffiness is pure pr
their charitable work is a pure whitewash, if it exists at all. I know folk who are involved. & i reckon they lie about the ingredients too.

Lush (soaps etc) on the other hand support some good causes <-support them (don't buy over priced nasty smoothies)

rubberdingyrapids

fuck every company trying to present themselves as nice and beneficent

(when theyre not nice and beneficent obv, the ones that actually are can remain as they are)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I've just been browsing back through this thread and, ironically, getting a bit nostalgic about the sorts of in-depth discussions that don't seem to happen so much these days.

What happened to Ulala? He (I think it was a he) was great.

CrowleyHead

My pomposity killed most of you off.

Luka's right about graphic design btw. There's a bad social disease around the fact that rather make something you can subject people to, you can make something to appease/appall them based around their taste. That's why every fucking advertising platform for 35 and lower is memes now.

luka

Anyway I was in Victoria park last week and it disgusted me the way people look and dress. It made me feel sick, all of them together like that in their little woolly hats all dressed up like adult babies.

I get that. really annoyed at the chirpy and wholesome chat and general sight of groups of friends and couples passing my house along the canal. Cosy canal walks for encouraging parents and friends being really earnest about each other’s relationships and careers

luka

It makes it much worse when you're in the middle of it, just millions of them, as far as the eye can see.

I’m pro encouragement of friends and their projects, crucial. Also mostly pro being nice to children let me add. But... when you’re surrounded by this coziness in action it becomes oppressive, for what it conceals. You can see the lifestyle that’s been marketed in action. Again let me say I’m in no way against people meeting outdoors and being nice to each other. But does It make me want to scream from my window, I feel like I need to be the one to let out latent aggressions, to restore some balance

they might even say awww and start to chatter about if I’m lonely, envious of their stable and loving relationships. They may even scheme amongst themselves about baking some brownies and bringing them around next time

luka

Is it possible that these people are just well adjusted and nice and would just be mildly amused or concerned about a man screaming out of a window about their hats

Who knows? We'll never find out cos we will never quite intersect with their universe. You'll only overhear their conversations, you won't be privy to them.