Music 2013

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

So what do people think of it, then?

I'll reserve my judgement cos my headphone jack is fucked. It sounds quite good though, far poppier than a lot of R&B I've heard lately.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
So what on earth is going on with this whole Harlem Shake thing? It's on the BBC football page today, and people at my work who aren't exactly au fait with underground music are talking about it because it's all over their kid's facebooks. Most odd

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
New Prurient on BEB is pretty decent. As is the Wen release on Keysound.

Also still enjoying that Rainer Veil thing on Modern Love, especially since the lead track seems based almost exclusively around a sample from Spiritual Aura.

benw

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/201...droom-rave?CMP=twt_gu&fb=native&commentpage=1

this is really pissing me off. what a crock of bullshit. whether it's a good thing or not, this article has got the clubbing situation COMPLETELY wrong.

Realistically all that's changed is that the internet means that people learn about new scenes quicker - so rather than a new scene developing with all the artists just getting booked in one club and that acting as an incubator for the scene they are booked simultaneously in several around the UK / world. So instead of having FWD / DMZ / Blue Note / Yo Yo you have 20 small clubs that act as local versions simultaneously. More not less small clubs representing real new music to more people constantly. Just less clubs that you can identify as 'the' club where a crew of artists play because they are too busy playing all over the shop.

As i said, not sure if this is a good thing or not, but to say there are less small clubs presenting new music to people is bullshit.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Anyone been listening to this Autechre radio show? what i've heard has been great

Listened to the first 3 hours or so last night. Very good it was too. Will listen for a bit tonight also.

Exai is great as well. Didn't think I'd be listening to Ae post LP5, but this has got me right back into them. Really rewards concentrated listening on a good stereo/ headphones., which is probably deeply unfashionable.

Last edited:

nochexxx

harco pronting
&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">

e/y

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
edit: Spacecide sounds awesome, Nochexxx.

Last edited:

soloist

god that new beyonce is awful.

new body high stuff, one of my favorite labels our currently.

Cool little vid by RA with Nina Kraviz. Charming girl.

Last edited:

Leo

Charming girl.

...and she spins vinyl! <3

although a few parts of this do play the "sexy" card a bit (in the bathtub, stretched out on the bed, plunging neckline, in the tight shorts, etc.) not that i'm complaining.

trilliam

The feature was great in the written form (we hope you'll agree) but we felt there was no better way of understanding this lifestyle than to pick up a camera and document these experiences firsthand WITH THE FORUMS FAVOURITE WETDREAM

i love RA sometimes

and i do love nina kraviz mos def.

Leo

The feature was great in the written form (we hope you'll agree) but we felt there was no better way of understanding this lifestyle than to pick up a camera and document these experiences firsthand WITH THE FORUMS FAVOURITE WETDREAM

i love RA sometimes

and i do love nina kraviz mos def.

they get taken to task in the comments for the gratuitous bathtub/sexy scenes, but she seems to be into it. i like the "so when do we get to see ben klock in a bath tub and marcel dettmann prancing around in a speedo" comments.

soloist

anybody seen skream getting cut off at the boiler room @ sxsw?
seems that future bass took the whole event over.

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
And now...

R-2334154-1337889416-9962.jpeg