K-Punk

john eden

male pale and stale
CCRU was very into making up academics they could ventriloquise. Odd way of legitimising your ideas, in-jokes, irony.

version

http://k-punk.abstractdynamics.org/archives/001407.html

Mark, Linda Trent is completely fictional - who gets harmed by it. OK, we did it to Bill Gates, but he can afford expensive lawyers (which I might have to if this shit continues). Would you really be happy to have Mark Fisher writing Carr's deranged opinions?

Posted by: Nick at January 28, 2004 12:22 AM
There's a website for the university she's supposed to be from too,

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind

August 16, 2004​

SOon Come​

k-punk kollektivization....
It's about YOU --- not as a box but a SPACE ()
It's not about EXCITEMENT --- agitational orientation towards an anticipated future
It's about INCITEMENT ---- becoming active as a route towards NOW
Because there's only one apocalypse ---- APOCALYPSE NOW

what does this even mean?

poetix

we murder to dissect
Dissensus was a failure. It was meant to be a hivemind of konspirators plotting and acting in unbreakable formation against the stultifiers and smugonauts, but the fatal lure of pub sociality took over and the weed dads and bless-the-lads overran the place. Now look at it. A disgrace to his memory.

woops

is not like other people
Dissensus was a failure. It was meant to be a hivemind of konspirators plotting and acting in unbreakable formation against the stultifiers and smugonauts, but the fatal lure of pub sociality took over and the weed dads and bless-the-lads overran the place. Now look at it. A disgrace to his memory.
that's what i just said

poetix

we murder to dissect
Should have called it Consensus then. But that was a big thing wasn't it? The right kind of disagreement with the right things.

There always was that contradiction between wanting lines of flight in all directions and "opposition is true friendship"-type disagreement and argie-bargie, and wanting to form a krew that would take on the world. It worked out in odd ways. Mark didn't purge people for disagreeing with him, but for disappointing him, but his criteria for disappointment were always a bit personal and occulted.

There always was that contradiction between wanting lines of flight in all directions and "opposition is true friendship"-type disagreement and argie-bargie, and wanting to form a krew that would take on the world. It worked out in odd ways. Mark didn't purge people for disagreeing with him, but for disappointing him, but his criteria for disappointment were always a bit personal and occulted.

Im on board with all this apart from the purging for disappointment. do you think this place holds any of that tension?

poetix

we murder to dissect
I mean the last bit of significant argy-bargie I witnessed here was everyone running josef k off, which was done with torrents of ridicule rather than high-toned denunciation. Would it have been better to have taken him very seriously, got stuck in, had a proper flaming row about it all? I don't know; my gut tells me that deciding it wasn't worth it, and signalling that it wasn't worth it through sustained puerility, was the wiser thing to do.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I remember HMLT laying out very specifically that (for him) dissensus meant disagreement with a very specific list of things (that he didn't like) and agreement with/submission to him.

version

http://k-punk.abstractdynamics.org/archives/001407.html

Mark, Linda Trent is completely fictional - who gets harmed by it. OK, we did it to Bill Gates, but he can afford expensive lawyers (which I might have to if this shit continues). Would you really be happy to have Mark Fisher writing Carr's deranged opinions?

Posted by: Nick at January 28, 2004 12:22 AM
Hi Mark

I think mad bastard Carr has gone way beyond acceptable humour with his stupid impersonation thing. Hopefully people will recognize the Kilroy Silk stuff, but the principle (of impersonation)seems to me sufficiently noxious that it should be punished - you should take down the link unless he acknowledges that it his own work. Any amount of criticism, sarcasm or abuse is fine with me, but this is not (at the limit it could get me chucked out of the PRC). Please don't encourage it.

Posted by: Nick Land at January 27, 2004 04:22 AM

Anyone have any idea who was impersonating Land?

poetix

we murder to dissect
With Padraig, Mark identified and sided with the person who was trying to be taken very seriously, against the oafs who rejected and undermined that seriousness. I can see where he was coming from - when that's the only reflex people are capable of, and they wield it indiscriminately against anything which challenges them, the resulting dynamic tends to shit complacency, bants above all. But sometimes there is a point in being tactically deflationary, not letting someone get away with being domineeringly up themselves.

Reactions: sus