luka

I find it hard to rank them because they are all the same film. I don't really understand how people are making these aesthetic discriminations. Oh I like Iron Man one but Iron Man two is awful. That makes no sense to me. If you like one of these films you like them all equally surely

luka

yes I see where you're coming from. But these must be incredibly fine discriminations you are making here. Bud or Coors.

woops

is not like other people
i assumed bionicles were bionic muscles and you liked the development of the iron man weapon.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think the first Iron Man has the most interesting storyline - Stark being (sort of) humbled and awakened by his kidnapping and the villain being sort of unexpected (or at least I remember being a little surprised). I can't even remember the second one. The third one sort of suffers by setting up a cool villain and then comically undermining it. Although I suppose the true villain being a media manipulator was a decent twist.

The third one is written and directed by Shane Black, who kick-started RDJ's resurrection with "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang". (Black wrote Lethal Weapon 1/2, The Last Boy Scout and was the non-hench marine in Predator).

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Reminds me that Iron Man 3 has that slightly insufferable child in it that he befriends. That's a very Shane Black touch (see "The Nice Guys").

luka

At least if the movies are anything to go by. Brattish, precocious and disrespectful.

luka

I love how this thread has revealed Corpsey to be a real scholar of contemporary American schlock

mvuent

Void Dweller
i assumed bionicles were bionic muscles and you liked the development of the iron man weapon.
yeah, the best parts of the movie are when he's designing/building/upgrading the suit moreso than when he's actually using it. so i mentioned bionicles because that aspect of iron man's appeal fits quite well with building mecha out of legos.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Well I suppose you could watch the new DC movies. They're apparently quite like Marvel movies but rubbish instead of good.

I watched a third of the much derided Batman vs Superman and thought it was really well directed. Possible contrarianism.

But what a lot of people hate about those films is they make Superman and Batman scary instead of fun, which I actually find an interesting concept.