Corpsey

bandz ahoy
So Justice League is considered to be not very good by the cognoscenti?

It was critically slagged.

I think DC has an army of fanboys who are convinced that Justice League was a masterpiece before it was cut by the studio and have demanded (Successfully) for the 'Snyder Cut' to be released.

craner

Beast of Burden
It was critically slagged.

I think DC has an army of fanboys who are convinced that Justice League was a masterpiece before it was cut by the studio and have demanded (Successfully) for the 'Snyder Cut' to be released.

My whole view of this stuff has probably been coloured by the fact that I once watched the last 10 minutes of that monstrosity.

luka

The thing is though Craner is also ideologically and aesthetically committed to stupid movies

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think DC are plagued by a desire to do what Marvel have done.

This means they've rushed their 'universe building' and are stuck in this awkward tonal place because they initially were going down the 'dark and troubled' route that Nolan did so effectively. But they've realised that people actually want silly tongue in cheek movies for all the family.

luka

They want that from Marvel but that doesn't mean they want it from DC DC should stick to their thing and bide their time

IdleRich

IdleRich
somehow i never feature on these round ups which is maybe a good thing at times but not this time

5. woops - an unambiguously sexy dilettante who has recognised the illusory veil between mundanity and aesthetic pipe dreams via intensive immersion in both and transcends this undergraduate argument
Apologies, I hate it when that happens to me. But unfortunately, when it does, you can't just make up your own, it's just the way that the cookie has crumbled and you can't do some stupid Marvel retcon to pretend that you were being considered. Sorry.

woops

is not like other people
Apologies, I hate it when that happens to me. But unfortunately, when it does, you can't just make up your own, it's just the way that the cookie has crumbled and you can't do some stupid Marvel retcon to pretend that you were being considered. Sorry.
i am more like a 4-issue spin off mini series in an alternate timeline

entertainment

i've seen every single one of the marvel movies during nightshifts when there was nothing else i had the energy or comfort level to watch.

they all flow together as one operatic mess of teenage fantasy for me although there were some i liked.

but the thing is, you don't give a fuck who made these movies right? was it even people who made them? even the comedic tone seems optimized through five phases of focus group stragetizing.

DannyL

Wild Horses
@DannyL as a media studies lecturer please give us your top twenty marvel films ranked in order
Not that into 'em to be honest. IIRC we picked between two syllabi, and we went for the one without Marvel Films. The franchise as whole doesn't grab me though i think it's a fascinating business innovation. Out of the few I've seen, I liked Guardians of the Galaxy the best, because it really plays it for laughs.

luka

i've seen every single one of the marvel movies during nightshifts when there was nothing else i had the energy or comfort level to watch.

they all flow together as one operatic mess of teenage fantasy for me although there were some i liked.

but the thing is, you don't give a fuck who made these movies right? was it even people who made them? even the comedic tone seems optimized through five phases of focus group stragetizing.
That's correct it makes no difference who made them or wrote them

luka

Quite a relief watching this Sam Raimi Spider-Man because it works to different rhythms entirely being a non MCU film.