DannyL

Wild Horses
I quite liked reading about the business side of films was a perk of the job for a while. The epic scope of the MCU is off the hook, if you consider all the Netflix series as well. It's really impressive. It's kinda like the USA but in cinema terms, a cultural product of colonial domination.

luka

I quite liked reading about the business side of films was a perk of the job for a while. The epic scope of the MCU is off the hook, if you consider all the Netflix series as well. It's really impressive. It's kinda like the USA but in cinema terms, a cultural product of colonial domination.
It's the main arm of US soft power projection.

DannyL

Wild Horses
There's a kind of glossy flatness to the visual aesthetic which is also why I kinda hate Netflix. Everything looks the same. I can't abide most Netflix dramas and that's part of the reason.

luka

There's a kind of glossy flatness to the visual aesthetic which is also why I kinda hate Netflix. Everything looks the same. I can't abide most Netflix dramas and that's part of the reason.
Music is the same but I think you have to, not have to have to, but should, get beyond the instinctual recoil and accept it as an aesthetic in its own right

DannyL

Wild Horses
I'd have to see more really to make a judgement. I enjoyed Antman and Dr Strange and some of the X Men films but as to the rest it's that feeling when a cultural moment just passes you by. It's like my relationship with UK garage. "Yeah, I'm sure it's good... but..."

luka

It's what the world looks and sounds like now. It's who we are. It is our reflection in the glass.

DannyL

Wild Horses
It makes me want to escape.
It's like full spectrum dominance of cinema. I guess it'd be possible to be an avid cinemagoer and never see anything outside the MCU.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I feel there's a vague point to make about hyperbolic muscular heros and the way in which young guys are often so gym shaped and chunky. Some kind of male aesthetic at work, but I can't quite express it.

DannyL

Wild Horses
It's been 12 years. Can't think of anything that compares to a run like that
Not it's incomparable. It's an epic project. Its an amazing feat if you think abut the TV as well. Would be impossible for an auteur - it needs that industrial production.

luka

No different to ghostbusters or gremlins the humour is of the same ilk too. Another world. Pre 2008 iron man

luka

This is what I was thinking last night, these marvel films are a coherent and valid futurism albeit they're not really set in the future. But they look totally new and up to date