wektor

also waiting for one of my favourite philosophy/analysis channels to do a video on Dark Knight, might be legendary. it got voted over on his Patreon few weeks ago so it's in the works now.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Anyone see the new Spiderman animated film? Aside from the confusing title, I really enjoyed it. Beautifully animated and quite funny, I found. Nothing really new plot-wise, what with a different treatment on the ongoing multiverse theme, but I think it succeeded in what it was going for, as a phantasmagorical, self-aware comedy adventure.

sus

I am lighting up a spliff, kicking back, and watching Guardians of the Galaxy for the first time, in order to learn about Groot as an archetypal/modern mythological figure.

Last week I watched Aquaman and the week before The Flash

sus

I like that there isn't one Groot. Groot is like a Ship of Theseus who keeps getting regrown from shoot or regrafted or whatever.

sus

It's true he makes a good action figure. The brilliant thing about the Minions though is they're anonymous. You can always have more. There's no claim to uniqueness or mutual exclusivity. If you hang out with another kid who has a stuffed Minion and you have a stuffed Minion, they can co-exist, they're not competitors. Whereas there's only one Groot, you form a one-on-one attachment, and every other Groot action figure threatens that specialness.

luka

i watched all the hunger gameses. i liked them. not seen any harry potters. would you say they're really good?

linebaugh

It's true he makes a good action figure. The brilliant thing about the Minions though is they're anonymous. You can always have more. There's no claim to uniqueness or mutual exclusivity. If you hang out with another kid who has a stuffed Minion and you have a stuffed Minion, they can co-exist, they're not competitors. Whereas there's only one Groot, you form a one-on-one attachment, and every other Groot action figure threatens that specialness.
thats why you see so much good minion merchandise on the subway creatures. Minion t shirt where the minion has joker make up on. holographic minion back packs on full grown males. Children with matching shirt, shorts, and minion shoes, drinking out of novelty minion cup with yellow bendy straw

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
You'd hate Harry potter, I think.

I'm a fan of the films, despite the terrible acting of the principle kids.

Something about them comforts me. I had a mental breakdown circa 2017 and all I could do was lie in bed watching Harry potter films in-between panic attack placating doses of diazepam.