Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If some GRU operative had managed to get Dominic Raab or Gavin Williamson on the phone, I'm quite sure the results would pretty much have been this:

vimothy

yurp
listened to an interesting podcast yesterday which basically asserted that the post bretton woods system was over due to unilateral suspension of russian reserves by the us. my take here is that it was not unilateral at all but rather made by overwhelming consensus of western allies and therefore the death knell of the dollar was prematurely called

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
listened to an interesting podcast yesterday which basically asserted that the post bretton woods system was over due to unilateral suspension of russian reserves by the us. my take here is that it was not unilateral at all but rather made by overwhelming consensus of western allies and therefore the death knell of the dollar was prematurely called
Yeah I think if the US was acting without the support of other non-US state and private actors, it may have still dealt a major blow to the Russian economy, but as you say it was this alignment of efforts that seems to have made it as severe as it is.

wektor

This chap reckons Poland will be next:

this one goes hard too
Poland suffers from 'long-term, pathological Russophobia' and does not mind its cost 'if the shed burnt down, let the house burn down too'
Yet, there are no anti-Polish sentiments in Russia - quite the opposite, Russians have reacted with 'an outburst of sympathy and compassion' to Kaczynski's plane crash in Smolensk, and Russia declared a day of mourning to honour the victims
Mentioned plane crash was highly possible to be staged by Russian ops

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I actually have a meeting today with the woman who started UkraineDAO. I'm with JournoDAO, and we're looking to help journalists monetize and control their product directly, rather than rely on current business models that rely on advertising and virality. We're thinking about testing out some of these tools with journalists on the ground in/near Ukraine,

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
The ideal model would sort of be a continuation of the substack trend, but where the content producer has verifiable and perhaps even 100% complete ownership of their product.

toko

I actually have a meeting today with the woman who started UkraineDAO. I'm with JournoDAO, and we're looking to help journalists monetize and control their product directly, rather than rely on current business models that rely on advertising and virality. We're thinking about testing out some of these tools with journalists on the ground in/near Ukraine,
this sounds really cool, do you guys have a discord?

mixed_biscuits

FREE: (% ~@ {}:}{ $("")! $!")U*%U!
$5/month: A RAW IRON SINUS
$10/month: NO RAW NI AISSUR
$200/month: ON WAR IN RUSSIA

DannyL

Wild Horses
Can't help but wonder what this war would've been like if the Russian army wasn't an absolute piece of shit. I'm glad they are but it seems a bit too close for comfort to me.