Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Is this a sign of age? I don't feel equipped to listen to a song by Rian Treanor

If he was called DJ SKRAPPY I wouldn

version

Somehow people in this thread have made the complete opposite of the argument that was made in the conceptronica one. Now you can hear all the lofty concerns in the music without reading the press release.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
What I do have though is the superpower to hate mediocre entertainment

I stuck on Thor the dark world instead and it's eye wateringly bad

luka

Somehow people in this thread have made the complete opposite of the argument that was made in the conceptronica one. Now you can hear all the lofty concerns in the music without reading the press release.

People aren't claiming to hear lofty concerns Leo and Simon are just saying it sounds like nerds made it

version

(for anyone ITT)

suppose you're only hearing this stuff in a decontextualized form: on youtube, not in a social gathering of any kind (and lacking experience with the intended audience). in that scenario, do you think you can hear this difference in intent/design, generally? can you judge just from listening in your room—idm style—that mark fell is kind of danceable, but jungle is “precision tooled” for danceability?

(and yeah, i realize it’s a question only a hopeless nerd would ask. that's obviously why i asked it. …do have my own ideas about how this dynamic works, though)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I mean yeah I already knew it was shit but you know that acid feeling where you become either viscerally disgusted by or comically detached from passable entertainment?