Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've been tripping a lot this summer due to my mate getting hold of a bottle of liquid mushrooms.

Although I've really enjoyed these trips in the same way you'd enjoy being pissed, I feel a (connected) sense of increasing disappointment with them. The fact is we're not doing that much (probably not doing enough) – but also I suppose repeated exposure makes that feeling less and less significant and precious.

I'm certainly not getting the sense of profound appreciation for everything that I did on the few occasions I did them before. Then again, this profound sense came from when I did acid, not mushrooms. Perhaps mushrooms are more of a party/fun drug?

Anyway, I think since coming off antidepressants (although it could just be a coincidence) I've become more and more unhappy, pessimistic and nihilistic and I'm probably just disappointed that doing mushrooms hasn't "cured" me of that.

If there is an "answer" I suspect it's either upping the dosage, spreading out the occasions on which I do it or biting the bullet and getting a therapist.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
I’d be slightly weary of something called serotonin syndrome, just a heads up mixing compounds

woops

is not like other people
I’d be slightly weary of something called serotonin syndrome, just a heads up mixing compounds

is this a risk with psychedelics then or just with MDMA and stuff

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've also wondered if I should stop combining them with booze and weed.

And if I should stop the weed in general. It really brightens up my evenings but I also wonder if it's making me ever-more self-absorbed and unhappy.

luka

never mix them with booze and weed. thats one reson youre not enjoying it. the other one is that your friends are boring and lack imagination and are also stupid. another one is that youre not taking nearly enough. increase the dose x 10 or so, ditch the mates, dont drink or smoke even in the month prior to taking them let alone during the thing itself

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
is this a risk with psychedelics then or just with MDMA and stuff

mostly the latter, formal diagnosis in A&E is tricky and the symptoms are ugly

a mate was on high doses of paroxetine almost from the NHS script start date (poorly supervised, zero reviews) and possibly set records for mdma intake. he never had an issue, but I’ve known combination drug abuse clients get hammered by it (they’d be the 1st to confess losing count what was taken and when)

slippery, I’d rather go balls deep on one psychedelic compound and then top up if required. certain guides are using mdma for difficult psych trips although that’s a softener for circling round the experience rather than pushing through it. you don’t undertake these experiences for the view/picturesque

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Just got my first caffeine buzz in absolutely ages.

Switched to espresso recently – drinking flat whites I tend to eke things out so by the time I finish it its lukewarm.

Downing a shot of espresso is the ticket to relaxed anus town.

luka

corpsey thinks its acceptable to post 'a single espresso' on this thread when yyaldrin is doing multi day poly-drug benders