william_kent

there's a side street off Kensington Ave, you'll see people frantically sweeping the street, that's where the meth heads hang

but it seems to be mainly heroin cut with fentanyl

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
there's too much drugs available i think, too much of the hard stuff that turns you into a zombie too quick. there's a girl around my corner that looks a bit like one of those fentanyl people. she hardly walks, just sort of slowly shuffles forward, her legs are thin like needles and they are all full of scratches and wounds. she is always bent forwards and then when she's near you she stops and looks up from under her hoodie or bed sheet that she is wearing. the worst though is the smell, and i feel bad typing it, but it is so terrible that it makes you physically sick and you can already smell it from a distance. i noticed a few times when seeing her that it made me angry and annoyed, which made me think i'm a terrible human being.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
there's too much drugs available i think, too much of the hard stuff that turns you into a zombie too quick. there's a girl around my corner that looks a bit like one of those fentanyl people. she hardly walks, just sort of slowly shuffles forward, her legs are thin like needles and they are all full of scratches and wounds. she is always bent forwards and then when she's near you she stops and looks up from under her hoodie or bed sheet that she is wearing. the worst though is the smell, and i feel bad typing it, but it is so terrible that it makes you physically sick and you can already smell it from a distance. i noticed a few times when seeing her that it made me angry and annoyed, which made me think i'm a terrible human being.
Which makes me see the good in you, that you so plainly acknowledge your gut reactions like this, rather than suppress, ignore, deny them, etc.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Scored great heroin in Philadelphia, a hard nod, but fentanyl is another animal entirely. Isotonitazene runs at similar strength, turned up all over Britain this summer

The one day in a few hundred i think about using, quietly feeling my neck melt as memories of the first few bumps of the day sink in = fentanyl mf! Or carfentanyl and 100mgs of diazepam, your respiratory system depressing under the sledgehammer glow

Remember when drugs were easy, except they weren't

IdleRich

IdleRich
I asked before about that Drugs Inc programme that's on late at night here sometimes and no-one answered but I'm quite surprised by that, feels that it should be something that a lot of people really dig... with a few caveats maybe, does anyone know what I'm on about?

william_kent

I asked before about that Drugs Inc programme that's on late at night here sometimes and no-one answered but I'm quite surprised by that, feels that it should be something that a lot of people really dig... with a few caveats maybe, does anyone know what I'm on about?

I've seen every episode - it's a classic

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This reminds me of something @Corpsey posted a few years ago about feeling bad for walking past homeless people. I think the very fact that you (and he) feel bad speaks well of you, even if you (obviously!) can't somehow perform some feat of Good Samaritanism that cures them of being homeless or a junkie.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've seen every episode - it's a classic
At last! I really enjoy it a lot, of course I wonder about how "real" sone of the gangsters are cos some of the access just seems too good to be true, and it seems likely that, even when the programme is acting in good faith, the natural tendency for people to overstate their importance might kick in and inflate how many keys they got, how much money and how many they killed etc but fuck it, it's so watchable and interesting.

And diverse too. Some of them love the thug life and that teaches you something in itself but arguably more fascinating are those who appear to be sort of thoughtful and recognise the trap they're in.

I think maybe my very favourite bit is with this guy who is the leader of a small gang I guess. Scary guy who has to lean on people etc at times, in fact there is one bit where some strangers are on one of his corners and he actually looses a few fairly wild shots at them (which seems weird, surely they can't just film attempted murder even for Drugs Inc?) after a few shots of Dutch courage - definitely needed cos you see his leg and hand shaking as he's driving up.

And that is all interesting if fairly typical - but then it's the weekend and he leaves his deputy in charge and you see him with his wife and kid and they leave the city and go to look at these caves, just you know, to learn about geology or whatever and he's saying "I just wanted to go in a cave, cos noone I know has ever been in a cave" and it's heartbreaking really, the caves are just a few miles from where they are all killing the fuck out of each other for dime bags but it might as well be on the other side of the sea.

Of course most aren't interested anyway but you see more and more of this guy revealed, basically a sensitive soul who wants to go to museums and go for walks in the country - and he does when he can - but he's trapped in this other world, the contrast so strong. Genuinely moving, I felt his anguish... as I have with other characters.

But that's just one tiny bit, there is so much in it - the guy who sends a kid to a college which happens to be next to the police station so he can learn all the cars in the carpark and see which aren't there and warn his spotters what car the plain clothes will be driving, smuggling meth into jails by dissolving it in water which is sprayed on to a card and mailed inside, the bloke in Long Island who mixes up one hotshot per batch cos he thinks ODs are good adverts for the product- he let's his street dealers decide who gets it though, so fucking dark...

Last edited:

william_kent

At last! I really enjoy it a lot

Have you seen the "San Francisco Meth Zombies" episode? that was the one which clinched the "is it real?'question for me - there's some guy who makes a living by jacking up crystal meth on cam for his "sugar daddies" and he does the same for the TV crew, but then you can see, and feel, his anguish because as the rush hits, what he wants to do is pull down his little rubber shorts and tug away...but the film crew are there and they've not paid him as much as "daddy" does, but still, he's rushing and he REALLY wants to make the most of the hit and it's what he does..he really wants to stroke and pull..he's habituated to it, ... you can see it in his eyes...you can't fake that look...

but yeah, one of my favourite "documentaries"

though I'm sort of suspicious as, in my experience, the guys who will talk to the media are the biggest fucking liars ( I'm old school, "no grassing", "snitches get stitches", etc.,) and when the estates I've lived in have been "exposed" it has always been the "care in the community" case who has told them about how he is mr big...

not to detract from the entertainment value though - great series

edit: the series got better in season 2 when they switched the format from focusing on one drug to a location ( 1st season was something like ep 1: "heroin", ep 2:"cocaine", etc ) , so when it became a city they focused on, you would get maybe a guy who delivered "bud" door to door, etc., and then some prostitute who had to go on "dates" to earn enough to "get well", but my favourites were the "chefs" who would always have a pointless "secret ingredient" when cooking up the crack - I remember there was one dude who was splashing in some "grey goose" and you couldn't help but wonder "what difference is that going to make?"

it's years since I've watched though, it was a Saturday night ritual

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Have you seen the "San Francisco Meth Zombies" episode? that was the one which clinched the "is it real?'question for me - there's some guy who makes a living by jacking up crystal meth on cam for his "sugar daddies" and he does the same for the TV crew, but then you can see, and feel, his anguish because as the rush hits, what he wants to do is pull down his little rubber shorts and tug away...but the film crew are there and they've not paid him as much as "daddy" does, but still, he's rushing and he REALLY wants to make the most of the hit and it's what he does..he really wants to stroke and pull..he's habituated to it, ... you can see it in his eyes...you can't fake that look...

but yeah, one of my favourite "documentaries"

though I'm sort of suspicious as, in my experience, the guys who will talk to the media are the biggest fucking liars ( I'm old school, "no grassing", "snitches get stitches", etc.,) and when the estates I'v lived in have been "exposed" it has always been the "care in the community" case who has told them about how he is mr big...

not to detract from the entertainment value though - great series
Oh yeah, I have seen one.
And don't get me wrong, I'm not at all contending that it's all fake. I just wouldn't be at all surprised if it's a mixture of all kinds of stuff.. like if they do another take on an interview... and then maybe add a few suggestions and so on and it moves towards being scripted does that make it fake?

Last edited:

william_kent

Oh yeah, I have seen one.
And don't get me wrong, I'm not at all contending that it's all fake. I jat ust wouldn't be at all surprised if it's a mixture of all kinds of stuff.. like if they do another take on an interview... and then maybe add a few suggestions and so on and it moves towards being scripted does that make it fake?

I think the cash probably confuses the issue

( I've added to my original post a bit - not that it makes any difference to the "real or not" question )

but there's some of the "kingpins' you have to wonder about, because if I was shifting keys I wouldn't be allowing a film crew on my balcony, etc.,

william_kent

another thing I loved about the series was, no matter the location, wherever they were filming it always had the "largest open air drugs market"

IdleRich

IdleRich
but there's some of the "kingpins' you have to wonder about, because if I was shifting keys I wouldn't be allowing a film crew on my balcony, etc.,
There is one where is a kinda local kingpin, I think maybe New Orleans, obviously a fairly serious guy, his henchmen are toting automatic weapons... their supplier is the cartel and they a guy to do a routine spot-check and make sure their gear isn't been cut - and you see the local mob boss is shaking with fear, the interviewer asks what would happen if the test results were bad and he says "O that would be horrible... I don't even want to think about what would happen". But anyway, the cartel guy decides he doesn't want it filmed and shuts it down, think that's the only one where I've seen that.

Last edited: