IdleRich

IdleRich
One was arrested recently, 'The Long Island Serial Killer'.

I'm glad about this cos watched a documentary about the Gilgo Beach killings last year. It was quite long with lots of details etc but of course it finished frustratingly with it completelyrsiac unsolved. In my mind it was kinda like Jack the Ripper or Zodiac, a cold case that was almost certainly destined to remain unsolved - so for my own peace of mind - not to mention justice for the victims and their families of course - this is great news.

Although... the big question of whether he was responsible for all the bodies remains...

For those who don't know, what happened was as follows; a sex worker dialled 911 to say she was being chased through the marshes by a scary guy - they sent out a team to try and find her, and while searching the marsh they found a body... and then another, and another until in total they had eleven including a child. The thing is, four bodies were intact and wrapped up in sacks, whereas the others were dismembered and not wrapped. Because of these differences people have long wondered if two killers were dumping victims there cos it was so isolated.

The guy they've caught, his DNA is on three of the sack victims and he's a suspect for the death of the 4th obviously, but they've not really said about the others as far as I know. You gotta hope it's all him right? So crazy to imagine that there could be two psychos killing multiple women in the same tiny area...

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've been on the serial killer wagon for a while now but I've fallen right off it now, looking at the police reports, his ghastly internet search history, etc.

In a way I'm his latest victim
On the day of the arrest I saw an interview with this woman who was the daughter of the BTK serial killer, she was explaining how the killer's family are his victims too - in fact the discussion was about way the lives of numerous innocent people can be turned upside down, even wrecked, by the unmasking of a serial killer, and I do get what they were saying - it's just that personally I would use another term to differentiate between the group of victims who got a nasty shock when they discovered that this guy was a mass murderer and the other kind of victims who were lured into the wilderness, brutally beaten to death and then buried in an unmarked grave while the perpetrator stole their phone and used it to phone their family and cruelly taunt them about how they would never see their loved one again.

But yeah, the point that the repercussions go far beyond the dead women does stand. I don't think they mentioned you as one of these secondary victims though Corpsey I'm afraid unless maybe I missed it.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Whether they get to keep their limbs depends on whether they remember the correct ordering of the product rule and quotient rule.

william_kent

there's a "great" ( in that I loved it ) Korean "exam pressure" film about a serial killer who is picking off elite students one by one

Death-Bell-images-c4215ff3-830e-47af-8cfa-bfec420a7c3.jpg

ONE WILL DIE FOR EVERY INCORRECT ANSWER

one of the best scenes is where the elite students have to solve an equation or their classmate slowly drowns

1690063329387.png

^ she's in a fish tank, every second they fail to solve the equation more water floods in! A race against time!

Death Bell - 2008

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
He would be but I'm managing to divert his energies and draw out the poison, a procedure that I now know has to be done several times a day.

I hope you wouldn't just so he could kill you and ensure that this place doesn't turn into wasteman skibbiddidem diddidem nonse. give it a rest, Toby.

william_kent

It didn't occur to me for some reason, but Lucy Letby's a serial killer.

she's evil, but she has nothing on Renee Bach who, allegedly, is responsible for the deaths of 105 babies in Uganda

American With No Medical Training Ran Center For Malnourished Ugandan Kids. 105 Died

She was a 20-year-old high school graduate with no medical training. And not only was her center not a hospital — at the time it didn't employ a single doctor.

Yet from 2010 through 2015, Bach says, she took in 940 severely malnourished children. And 105 of them died.

there was a lawsuit, which she settled out of court, but the rumours won't go away...

IdleRich

IdleRich
We been listening to that thing Lady Killers on BBC, in one episode they talked about this Victorian so-called Baby Farmer (someone who gets paid to look after unwanted children) who they reckon murdered 300 babies.