Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
tq4cl4xst2g81.jpg
That's the face he makes when decking a Japanese ten-year-old during a game of "touch" rugby.

Leo

current news and opinion coverage is so conflicting, from here it seems like a difficult one to call. do you thinking he's a goner or will he survive?

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale
current news and opinion coverage is so conflicting, from here it seems like a difficult one to call. do you thinking he's a goner or will be survive?
Right now I’d say he was safe (ish) until at least the summer. But it depends what else comes out.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I don't think he will go unless he is truly forced to. Again the parallels to Trump are pronounced. Both willing to do almost anything to stay as leader - anything apart from put in the effort to do it properly.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
With both of them i get a strong sense that they hate the job but love having it.
There are some eyewitness accounts of Trump when news of the results of the 2016 election was coming in, and it began to look like he was going to win, and he apparently was far from jubilant.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Trump really turned the microscope on himself when he stopped being a private citizen. As a result of being president he is being investigated like crazy for the crimes he committed before being president and which were basically forgotten - and he is also being investigated for the crimes he committed during his presidency with the aim of staying president. It's hard to see that he gained much but trouble from being POTUS - I guess you could see that most of his offspring have probably increased their wealth but at the same time have brought themselves under increased scrutiny. Time will tell if that bargain was worth accepting for them but I think for DJ Don himself it's clear that it was a net loss

IdleRich

IdleRich
they like the power (and in trump's case, attention), not the actual governing.
Yeah - status, power, glamour... the chance to write themselves into the history books. What's weird is that I've read a few things saying that Johnson is really concerned about his reputation and how posterity will remember him - and yet you'd think that it would be obvious that his actions are going to write him into history as an absolutely enormous cunt who presided over one of the biggest cock-ups in British history while his incompetence caused tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths, his corruption allowed countless cronies to steal BILLIONS from the taxpayer, and for light relief he kept breaking the ministerial code by borrowing money to decorate his house and go on holiday and then got busted repeatedly breaking laws he created and insisted everyone else follow. And lied about all of the above constantly for months on end, supported only by a load of moronic lickspittles he had promoted to positions of power and whose only ability was to lie in his favour. Does he think that no-one noticed any of that and he'll be remembered as Prime Minister Good Old Bozza, second only to Churchill cos sadly he didn't have a massive war to win.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Also, I imagine Trump as gleefully rubbing his hands thinking about how much money he would steal, he was probably too dumb to grasp that he would be more carefully watched than previously and he wouldn't be able to just get away with things in the way that he had for the rest of his life.

I think you can see that when Trump kept launching those pointless court cases about technicalities after the election he hadn't adjusted his tactics. Against a load of unfairly evicted tenants or similar an endless series of court cases would have eventually depleted their funds until they chucked in the towel, but Biden and the Dems were never gonna just go "Oh alright then, have the presidency" however many times he tried to appeal his appealls.

Leo

Also, I imagine Trump as gleefully rubbing his hands thinking about how much money he would steal, he was probably too dumb to grasp that he would be more carefully watched than previously and he wouldn't be able to just get away with things in the way that he had for the rest of his life.

I think you can see that when Trump kept launching those pointless court cases about technicalities after the election he hadn't adjusted his tactics. Against a load of unfairly evicted tenants or similar an endless series of court cases would have eventually depleted their funds until they chucked in the towel, but Biden and the Dems were never gonna just go "Oh alright then, have the presidency" however many times he tried to appeal his appealls.

one of trump's genius moves is that he always manages to get other people to pay for his shenanigans. apparently there are grumblings among some republicans about how trump convinced the Republican National Committee to cover millions of dollars in legal fees for all of these frivolous voter fraud court cases instead of him paying for it out of his campaign funds. that RNC money is from donors gave to help GOP candidates in midterm elections, not to foot Trump's lost-cause court battles.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I was just reading about this "protest" by "truckers" in Canada. God, it's really kicking off everywhere, isn't it?

wild greens

I've been following Shayan a while now and this just seems like a hardcore group of 100 sovereign citizen lads. Bit mad really

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60294483

He is a good resource for all the weird shit bubbling under. I've saw a few people get red-pilled a bit but not to this extreme

Been like it for a minute - Jo Cox, all the yellow jacket guys pre-the pandemic etc.

It's pretty odd eh. Dont quite see the end game yet

IdleRich

IdleRich
In a tweet, Prime Minister Boris Johnson condemned the "absolutely disgraceful" behaviour directed at Sir Keir and thanked police for "responding swiftly".
"All forms of harassment of our elected representatives are completely unacceptable," Mr Johnson wrote.
Very true. It's rare that I find myself agreeing with this man but this seems to be one of those times. It appears that this Starmer/Savile thing is a long-standing conspiracy theory - also long debunked - but I'm wondering what might have caused people to suddenly act on it now when it's been around for so long. Was there some kind of thing that could have triggered it?