other_life

bioconfused
this sort of apartheid is like ultracolonialism

talking about genocide is so clinical and dictionary, "race war" is better terminology; escalating daily race war atrocities is not a sustainable programme

i was maybe being americocentric, toying w (someone else's) notion that institutionalised idpol over here is neocolonial (expressly if u look close at the national BLM org vs. local activists conflict, for example); trying to suggest connection between that and 'neocolonialism (as expressed by mainline communism in viet, or business as usual in present day south africa) making the older model of natlib untenable elsewhere'

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
To be fair, calling someone deceased a “f*ggot” is extremely distasteful and has as much to do with her edge-lord temperament as her real frustration. And she’s actually my ex lol, definitely not the most civil person to be on the bad side of!

Gotta be real, what Bushnell did was extremely distasteful though. and I am basically in complete support of his aims. Just because he thought martyring himself was the way to go, doesn't mean I should be soft on him because he gave away his life, a life which could have been used for more valuable contributions to the movement. Instead he became no different to the drunk who becomes an alcoholic, waving his bottle around, it's mine, I bought it with my own money.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
If the project of freedom of the historical current called the left is to mean anything, if recontextualising this project is to take root, then it demands collective responsibility.

Otherwise, capitalism can very well coexist with anarchist-derived ideas of individual liberation.

other_life

bioconfused
Just because he thought martyring himself was the way to go, doesn't mean I should be soft on him because he gave away his life, a life which could have been used for more valuable contributions to the movement. Instead he became no different to the drunk who becomes an alcoholic, waving his bottle around, it's mine, I bought it with my own money.

todays immolation a farce of bushnell?...

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

I haven't looked into it so much. I don't have the patience for substack rn, so I'm studiously avoiding it.

I cannot wait for this cartoon cut out chameleonic man to be re-elected though.

"Get it over with and let's get back to peace and stop killing people. And that's a very simple statement," Trump said. "They have to get it done. Get it over with and get it over with fast because we have to — you have to get back to normalcy and peace."
The presumptive GOP nominee also appeared to question the tactics of the Israeli military as the civilian death toll in Gaza continues to mount. Since Hamas cross-fence blitz into Israel on October 7, Israel's military has battered the Palestinian territory, killing more than 33,000 residents, and creating a humanitarian catastrophe.
Trump specifically criticised Israel's decision to release footage of its offensive actions. Throughout the war, the Israeli military has released videos of air strikes and other attacks.
"They shouldn't be releasing tapes like that," he said. "That's why they're losing the PR war. They, Israel is absolutely losing the PR war."
"They’re releasing the most heinous, most horrible tapes of buildings falling down. And people are imagining there's a lot of people in those buildings, or people in those buildings, and they don't like it," he added.
"They’re losing it big. But they’ve got to finish what they started, and they’ve got to finish it fast, and we have to get on with life."

Profound, Donald, profound. Literally noone else thought of this.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i just think although what dilbert's ex said is distasteful there is a lot of tiptoing around this issue, even amongst people who should know better. I have to speak my truth though. What Bushnell did was ultimately selfish, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it because this is the project of freedom that capital and the extreme left of the bourgeois are wedded to.

Et de hoc satis!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
not that I don't personally have these urges to self-destruction in an alienated society but I A) try not to politicise them and B) these pits of despair accord with eugenicist and (later) nazi thinking about exactly who/who isn't the most able bodied given the modulated configurations of capital at the time etc. So I'm not calling for an unbridled positivity, more an awareness of what these urges are.

mixed_biscuits

NEW YORK, April 19 (Reuters) - A man set himself on fire on Friday outside the New York courthouse where Donald Trump's historic hush-money trial was taking place, but he did not appear to have been targeting Trump, officials said.

The man burned for several minutes in full view of television cameras that were set up outside the courthouse, where the first-ever criminal trial of a former U.S. president is being held.

"I see a totally charred human being," a CNN reporter said on the air.

[...]

Witnesses said the man pulled pamphlets out of a backpack and threw them in the air before he doused himself with a liquid and set himself on fire. One of those pamphlets, titled "The True History of the World (Haunted Carnival Edition)," included references to "evil billionaires" but portions that were visible to a Reuters witness did not mention Trump.
Identified as dead. Took life blockers.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
When I was about 17, inspired by Jackass and Dirty Sanchez et al I set my balls on fire with a deodorant can at a party.

I like to think if I'd died my friends would have had the presence of mind to print out a schizophrenic manifesto and leave it in the charred remains of my jeans pocket, so as to dignify my death.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Hey, pop over and join in the fun!

shakahislop

watched nostalghia last night in downtown nyc and there was a noticable frission when it became clear that the ending of the film was going to involve.....someone committing suicide by setting themselves on fire in a public place for political reasons

shakahislop

i mean more important than israeli public opinion maybe even, israeli opinion is not gonna shift unless something else big changes, whereas US opinion especially in NY is crucial?
yeah i agree it is crucial. what i was getting at is that the protests are a small thing that could shift public opinion a bit. but its one thing in a larger milieu which is changing a bit, but nowhere near as much as it should be. given the scale of the crimes its mad to me that the US public still seems so pro-israeli. here is the first polling chart i saw googling and it matches what i see around and talking to people

PRC_2024.3.21_Israel-Hamas_00-01.png

but i guess i wasn't trying to talk much about this or start googling charts. don't know if there's much i can write on here which is good analysis given that i basically don't know much more than anyone else who reads the news about what i'm talking about. i find it useful to write description and impressions of what's going on in the city, i like doing that, touching on political analysis etc is kind of incidental to that really