version

That's too reductive. It strikes me as more like someone spending years begging the council to fix something and resorting to making a big enough mess or commotion that they're forced to come down and at least look at it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
That's too reductive. It strikes me as more like someone spending years begging the council to fix something and resorting to making a big enough mess or commotion that they're forced to come down and at least look at it.
It was your analogy...

IdleRich

IdleRich
Eden has convinced me of the Lexit position. im a convert to John's cause but i was pretty horrified when Brexit happened. i didn't think it was a good thing. but becasue it upsets Tea so much im now in favour of it
It's not a legitimate (I wrote lexit but autocorrect said that, who am I to argue?) position... it's more just... fuck it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Eden has convinced me of the Lexit position. im a convert to John's cause but i was pretty horrified when Brexit happened. i didn't think it was a good thing. but becasue it upsets Tea so much im now in favour of it
I guess that's as good a reason as any.

william_kent

UK to overhaul privacy rules in post-Brexit departure from GDPR

"Culture secretary says move could lead to an end to irritating cookie popups and consent requests online"

"“Now that we have left the EU I’m determined to seize the opportunity by developing a world-leading data policy that will deliver a Brexit dividend for individuals and businesses across the UK."

what the fuck is a "Brexit dividend"?

The government hopes to prioritise “innovative and responsible uses of data”, a spokesperson said, so that it can “boost growth, especially for startups and small firms, speed up scientific discoveries and improve public services.”

I may be mistaken, but I read this as personal data will be up for grabs

version

You basically have to just "agree" to use any site now anyway. Some of them will supposedly let you turn off "non-essential" cookies etc, but I've no idea whether they actually follow through on that.

luka

Against this backdrop, it is perhaps unsurprising that Brexit divided the nation in the way it did. If you were in a relatively well-paid job and not at risk of being replaced or undercut by a worker from overseas, you were likely to vote remain. The Polish plumber was cheaper, the Lithuanian nanny was better educated, so what was not to like?

If, on the other hand, you were part of Britain’s casualised workforce, needing two or more part-time jobs to get by, you were much more likely to vote leave, on the grounds that tougher controls on migration would lead to a tighter labour market, which in turn would push up wages.

For those who have nothing to fear from open borders, labour shortages are evidence Brexit is flawed. For those not so fortunate, it is doing what it was supposed to do.