Status
Not open for further replies.

mixed_biscuits

Norris believes that a large percentage of Sweden's deaths occurred in care homes after people who became infected with Covid-19 were moved there, and subsequently passed the disease onto people with weaker-than-average immune systems.
"If you look at the number of deaths in Sweden aside from care homes the number is pretty similar to a normal flu season," he argued.
"Sweden has probably reached a kind of herd immunity already, so therefore society in Sweden can return to normal.
"Economic growth in Sweden contracted by 8% in Q2 which is obviously still a disaster, but that is predominantly because the rest of the world shut down their economies.
Norris believes the UK Government initially sought to follow Sweden's lead, but Prime Minister Boris Johnson "bottled it" for fear of facing tough allegations from mainstream media.
"Boris was told, if he didn't lock down, journalists will ask him on national television to accept responsibility and apologise to the families of those who have died as a result of Covid-19, because the rhetoric would have been that is was his fault for not locking down," the manager continued.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Norris believes that a large percentage of Sweden's deaths occurred in care homes after people who became infected with Covid-19 were moved there, and subsequently passed the disease onto people with weaker-than-average immune systems.
I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove, since our government did exactly the same thing, which contributed in a big way to our massive death rate.

It won't be long before that's the chattering classes' approved take, mark my words.

I've never had a clear understanding of what this phrase is supposed to mean. Is it just a synonym for "people whose opinions aren't as good as mine"?

The chattering classes was a right-wing "slur" against the concept of the endless talking pseudo-liberals. All talk no action. Leftist twitter before it existed. It's a good term. Personally though, I think whatsapp & facebook have ripped all that to shit now.

Plus, Mr Biscuits' opinions aren't really controversial- I get anti-lockdown memes off my mum these days. I like some of it, not everything is black and white, everywhere is failing- you can't just take one side of the opinion as gospel. The idea that it's "just the flu" is ridiculous, but you can't stop an entire country forever. You find solutions.

But... all the hedge fund managers got bummed everywhere before they didn't have any foresight. Of course Barry at the top of the page thinks Boris bottled it, it's an excuse for his own failings when he looks at his portfolio.

Edit- I take the last bit back he's doing well on the shorts now after they bombed in March

Last edited:
No-one knows anything, I don't. On the last page we had a video about a Spanish doctor saying Covid is a myth because his hospital is empty, posted by an Irish chemical engineer who reinvented himself as a pro-keto diet doctor on youtube. And he might even be right.

You can pretend to know anything now.

You have to question why the big outbreaks now are in huge meat factories now and how this ties into why the pro-meat influencers are suddenly "covid is a myth"

@HMGovt - do you consider yourself a pro-meat influencer?
a84.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It just means kinda middle-class types who talk about politics doesn't it?
I guess, but it sounds like something you'd read in a opinion column in the Daily Mail or the Express, most likely written by someone who is themselves middle class (as journalists generally tend to be), and probably quite political in content, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.