Status
Not open for further replies.

mixed_biscuits

Do you know anyone who's been to Peru? Mate of ours went and it is in a pretty ropey state- million and one injections to enter. Pretty sure they've got dengue, typhoid, malaria & yellow fever just knocking about. Really sickly country.

Sorry to ruin the party

Thought this was weird

The Dutch government has brought forward the date by which all mink farms must be permanently closed, after coronavirus outbreaks among animals at 41 fur farms since the start of the pandemic.

Mink are small animals, similar to ferrets, that are bred for their fur. The Netherlands exports 80m euros worth of the fur every year, mostly to China.

The mink breeding industry in the Netherlands had originally been told to shut down by 2024 for animal rights reasons, but all farms will now have to close by next March. The government has reportedly set aside 180m euros to compensate farmers for the early closures.

Scientists are investigating not only how the virus spread to the mink, but also whether they can pass it back to humans. Some farm workers have been found to be infected.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
im still wearing the mask cos it seems dickish not to but im feeling increasingly ridiculous.
Actually I agree. There might have been some point to it back in April when the disease was pretty widespread across the whole country.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Well they call it a curfew but that's an exaggeration. You're not allowed to buy alcohol or cigs after 8pm - in a bar or in a supermarket. But you can go out of course and you can drink soft drinks and you can go to a restaurant and if you're eating you can drink alcohol, it's completely inconsistent and weird. And it's only in Lisbon region, we went to Tomar the other day and it didn't apply.
It's one thing to face inconvenient laws but if they make no sense and are contradictory that makes it so much worse.

Leo

I actually find myself not wearing a mask when out for a walk or running errands more and more, only when I go into a store or in any situation where social distancing isn't possible. if you're walking down the street and there are only a few other people on the entire block, I think you're pretty safe at this point.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It makes no sense. Does drinking give you covid or not? And if it does why can you drink coke? And why can you drink if you eat? And why can you drink once you're 20k out of Lisbon? And what the hell is it that means you can't buy cigarettes after 8? Except you can from a machine. Total lack of any kind of joined up thinking.
I think the idea is, if people drink they might "congregate" so they trying to stop that... but restaurants are too important to the economy so they are given a loophole that undermines the whole thing.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It makes no sense. Does drinking give you covid or not? And if it does why can you drink coke? And why can you drink if you eat? And why can you drink once you're 20k out of Lisbon? And what the hell is it that means you can't buy cigarettes after 8? Except you can from a machine. Total lack of any kind of joined up thinking.
I think the idea is, if people drink they might "congregate" so they trying to stop that... but restaurants are too important to the economy so they are given a loophole that undermines the whole thing.
I know this sounds bad, but I do take a small crumb of comfort from the fact that the UK isn't the only country having idiotic and contradictory rules imposed on it by government that doesn't know its arse from its elbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.