Status
Not open for further replies.

version

I can't help feeling it's partly because of the kind of people I was talking about on the previous pages steering society that it's been such an issue in Britain and the US. They've created a dangerously atomised and anti-intellectual populace. People so clueless and uncaring about anything around them they have to be repeatedly told to wash their hands during a pandemic.

version

It was always going to be a disaster with two willfully ignorant leaders and governing parties winging it from moment to moment.

mixed_biscuits

On the bright side, I think the British public have been quite diligent with the hand-washing and distancing - Oxford CEBM picked out a significant decrease in flu cases once those two measures had been introduced, prior to lockdown.

version

Wonder how many people are getting flu jabs this year. I'm assuming the number will have gone up. I went to get one the other day and my chemist had run out.

mixed_biscuits

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Even a cursory Google shows that this Declaration is legitimately illegitimate.

@mixed_biscuits , if you're wondering why most people in this thread are treating you like a dishonest, right-wing crank, there's a reason for that...

Oh, and "herd immunity" is surely consigned to the dustbin now that re-infection is well documented, isn't it?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
But it's been in the news loads this week.
This is like when you see dimwits on social media ranting about some event "not being reported in the MSM" - accompanied by a link to a piece about it on the BBC, Guardian, NYT or CNN.

luka

I think eventually we're going to have to go back to normal. It clearly isn't sustainable.

what biscuits is saying is what will happen isn't a return to normal but a switch to a drastically restructured economic and social order. you will be assigned a job, probably in the salt mines, and the government will pay your survivial token stiped onto your implanted microchip. there will be deductions for any disobedience and payments will be suspended for any serious infringements. this is The Great Reset. it's a compelling vision.

mixed_biscuits

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Guys, even with a herd immunity approach you can still hide away if you want - no-one's stopping you. And the beauty of it is that it will be safe to reemerge sooner than otherwise.
I've forgotten how many times I've pointed out that we'd need infection rates at least ten times higher than the 6% we currently have for herd immunity to occur, and that all you have on your side is a statistician's hunch that some people have a native immunity - but it's a fair few.

Although the implication that anyone not keen on lasting organ is a big scaredy wimp is a nice touch.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Perhaps Swedes have just got into the habit of washing their hands, wearing masks and that sort of thing, without having to be forced to, like children?

They're not renowned as Europe's biggest party monsters in the first place, so I expect most people have adopted social distancing guidelines without it having a huge impact on their lives.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
1% of Covid sufferers get long Covid.
And this depends on what you mean by 'long'. About 4M people in the UK have had the virus. Of those, some 300,000 have had serious symptoms lasting at least a month. Now, I dunno about you, but I've got a baby to look after. I can't afford to be bed-ridden for a month.

The number who've been ill for three months or more is put at 60,000. That's 1.5% of all people who've been infected - although obviously a much larger percentage of "sufferers", given than most people who get it don't display symptoms.

But I don't really want a 1.5% chance of being horribly ill for the rest of my life.

luka

project_knowledge The “new norm" = War against the people.

-Cashless society
-Reliance on gov’t handouts
-Destruction of small business
-Constant surveillance and tracking
-Erosion or individual rights and freedoms
-All mainstream media is state propaganda

All in order to “keep us safe” from Convid.
View all 131 comments
michael.m.mcdonald @pineapple77777 it is my belief that if these draconian measures don't work , ie, people refuse to lockdown, they will release another virus. One that will make this one look like a picnic. Time to Govern ourselves.

dbjr_83 @oz106 just wait till they force you to get the Vaccine that is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.